Starfinder Playlist

Rise of the Runelords anniversary edition error

I think there's an issue with the FGU PF1 Rise of the Runelords anniversary edition module. I know the player guide is supposed to be visible to the players. But Even The Chapters are visible to them by default for some reason. I have to manually uncheck them everytime I start a new session. Is there a way to permanently stop my PCs from accessing the campign chapters without having to manually do it each session? I have attached the log and a screenshot.
    Thanks in advance,
    Vin
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Vin; October 1st, 2022 at 06:42.

I've forwarded your post to the developer for this DLC.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I think there's an issue with the FGU PF1 Rise of the Runelords anniversary edition module. I know the player guide is supposed to be visible to the players. But Even The Chapters are visible to them by default for some reason. I have to manually uncheck them everytime I start a new session. Is there a way to permanently stop my PCs from accessing the campign chapters without having to manually do it each session? I have attached the log and a screenshot.
    Thanks in advance,
    Vin
    Hi Vin,

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry you are having this issue.

I have tested this and cannot replicate the problem. It is possible that you may have inadvertently clicking the red icon (player not allowed to view), thus turning it green (player allowed to view). It is possible that something didn't load correctly on load and they defaulted to this state specifically on your campaign load (I cannot know). In any case, the problem is not system-wide and the fix is the same. To fix, just click the green shield for the modules you don't want visible to players. That should turn them back to red icons (not visible to players).

Hope this helps and enjoy your Rise of the Runelords game.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Your files show that you are loading 117 modules and all of those modules are also shared with your players (including map packs and other non player modules) it seems. You may wish to prune the number of open modules. It would seem that some of them are also throwing errors which may or may not be the issue.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks, it might be it. I will delete a bunch of unused stuff and hit update. It should prune some of it out hopefully.

If you feel comfortable with it, you can delete the modulestate.xml file in your FG campaign folder (while FG is not running); and it will reset all the module access back to the factory default settings.

Regards,
    JPG

I tried that. It unloaded all my modules. But ROTR chapters are still in green.

I just loaded up a brand new PF1 campaign; and I'm not seeing that on my end. (See attached image.)

Can you try in a new campaign?

Also, make sure you go to the FG data folder from the folder button on the FG launch screen before deleting the modulestate.xml file; before loading the campaign. If you do it while the campaign is running, it will just be replaced back to what it was when you loaded.

Regards,
    JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information