STAR TREK 2d20
Page 5 of 13 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Still working on it every day. Refer to the project task list linked in post #1 - every "High" priority task needs to be completed before the initial code and data can go into test.
    You know, I must have seen that link 10 times by now and never clicked on it. Thanks for the insight and the hard work!

Quote Originally Posted by Muagen View Post
    You know, I must have seen that link 10 times by now and never clicked on it. Thanks for the insight and the hard work!
    I'm hoping it'll be very soon - but every time I complete something, there's something else gets added to my list of "hhhmm, I should really do that before it gets released into test" things.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank You for all the hard work!

Update!

Working away on the first iteration of Release 19. Those of you who've been checking the Freedcamp task list in post #1 will know that there's been regular updates - some closing tasks down, some adding more things to do. There's lots of rabbit holes to go down! For example, today's rabbit hole was caused by the champion Smite Evil 6th level feat. This needed some new coding, but also took advantage of some recently coded features.

Referring to the screenshot below:
    1. When a feat with an action/activity is added to a PC a linked Activity record will be created - with addition actions if they were set in the base feat.
    2. A player can share an activity record with other players - they can double click on the activity name or activity icon and this will result in an entry published in chat with a link to the Activity record - the code automatically shares the record with the other players, so they can click on the link to get access to the details of the activity if they so wish. This process also makes it easy for players to indicate which actions they're using - especially handy for text based games or those in a noisy environment.
    3. An activity record contains all of the information for that activity - this is based off the Smite Evil feat record - which is linked via the "Base Record" link in the center of the record.
    4. A new section provides a "How to Use" section where text can be entered to provide guidance on how to use complex activities in FG.
    5. A new text replacement type [ACTORNAME] allows custom labels to be created using the PC name. In this example, it allows unique identification of the Smite Evil targets if there are multiple champions in the party.
    6. A new Effect field "Init to Reduce" with values of "Self" (default) or "Target". This allows setting when the duration of an effect will reduce - at the init count of the source (self) or of the target. Smite Evil has both of these - the base effect lasts "Until the start of your next turn" which uses the default of ↓Self, but "If the foe attacks one of your allies, the duration extends to the end of that foe's next turn." so ↓TRGT init to reduce is used for this effect. Note: the third effect has an error - it should have a duration of 2 rounds (making an assumption it gets set on the target's turn, so will reduce one at the end of their turn), and I've decided to have a permanent duration for the second effect which only triggers when a target has the "Smite Evil [PCNAME]" custom condition.

If you refer to the project task list linked in post #1, we're getting closer - all "High" priority tasks need to be completed before going into test. This is mostly entering activity data from Core Rules data and coding upgrade code to attempt to do this automatically when a pre R19 character is opened.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Trenloe; February 10th, 2023 at 16:59.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Looks great! Can't wait to test it out!

That new how to use section looks great! I know my players will really appreciate having something like that as we're all pretty new to PF2.

Question: will there be some advanced calculation options for heightening damage spells?

E.g. spells like Acid Splash, Haunting Hymn and Searing Light all have to be manually adjusted when heightening.

Quote Originally Posted by Montis View Post
    Question: will there be some advanced calculation options for heightening damage spells?

E.g. spells like Acid Splash, Haunting Hymn and Searing Light all have to be manually adjusted when heightening.
    I haven't done much on spells at this point. I have plans to add a level based list of actions - i.e. if damage is different at spell slot level 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9 (and can't be easily coded in the existing framework) then there will be 5 different damage entries and the most appropriate one will be used based off the spell slot level the spell is added to. Whereas this will result in more data for some spells, it will allow more versatility and avoid trying to work out the equation based entries we have now - I don't want to make those more complex than they already are.

This is really a whole new subsystem that I'm planning - so we might also have something similar in class features, feats, etc. that might change as the PC levels.

Ok, that sounds good. For spells with +2 heightened or set heightened levels this is probably the easiest approach.

For Searing Light I feel like there could be a somewhat easy calculation of "[(Spell level x 2) -1]d6" but actually expressing that in an easy to input way is probably rather complex.

Another small question: are there any plans of changing the "Focus Points Used" field to "Focus Points Remaining"? 0/1 always feels like I'm out

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Montis; February 28th, 2023 at 11:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Montis View Post
    Another small question: are there any plans of changing the "Focus Points Used" field to "Focus Points Remaining"? 0/1 always feels like I'm out

That requires changes to code which, might not be overly complex, isn't anything I want to look at now. I'll add it to the list, but it will be way down.

Thread Information