DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 11 of 13 First ... 910111213 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    If there was some automated way of handling it, that could also be applied to Versatile weapons, which would be nice.
    A versatile weapon is different functionality - the user has to decide what damage type they're going to apply, based off knowledge, experience or guesswork. It shouldn't automatically pick the best, that's up to the user to decide. DMGBASETYPE in R19 will allow the user the change the base damage type of a weapon if they wish.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ah, so for concussive as a GM I can tell the player to choose bludgeoning or piercing as I know what the weakest resistance of the target is.
    That should work quite nicely.
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

Quote Originally Posted by Farnaby View Post
    Ah, so for concussive as a GM I can tell the player to choose bludgeoning or piercing as I know what the weakest resistance of the target is.
    That should work quite nicely.
    That's probably the best way to handle it. Concussive goes completely against all of the complex code written to determine the highest resistances to apply to a damage instance, so it would be very involved to try to code full automation from concussive weapons - and I'd rather spend my time on something more important than one weapon trait that can be worked around...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I've made additions to the code to automatically add an inactive DMGBASETPE: bludgeoning weapon effect to concussive weapons when they are first added to a PC sheet.

The screenshot below show a good example in Release 19 - a combination weapon with concussive on the ranged and versatile on the melee; an appropriate inactive DMGBASETYPE effect has been added to each for the players to enable as needed before they roll damage.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 30th, 2023 at 17:47.

I am so looking forward to all this new functionality!
    I don't think you've clearly specified a date on this, but I'm really crossing my fingers that this is avail with this week's FGU update.

Thanks for everything you do, Trenloe!

Quote Originally Posted by Muagen View Post
    I don't think you've clearly specified a date on this, but I'm really crossing my fingers that this is avail with this week's FGU update.
    It won't go into live for quite a while yet. It will be going into test for a few weeks first.

I'm looking forward to testing the heck out of this.
    And to be honest, so are my players.
    They were quite disappointed yesterday that the test version wasn't ready yet.
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

I completely forgot to clarify that. Definitely switching to Test for this.

Ironically, IRL problems (how dare people take vacations!) are resulting in no game for me for the next two weeks, so it sound like I might miss the initial test release of R19.

But you can bet I'll be testing the heck out of it ASAP!

Is this actually in test? I tried it and didn't see anything new.

Thread Information