DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. #11
    Cannot overstate how hyped for this update I am. Possibly the most excited I've ever been for an update. New actions tab sounds like an absolute game changer, and I can think of so many times I've wished for that "to me" targeting.

    I'm one of those people who live dangerously and run their campaign on the test branch, so you'll definitely be getting plenty of feedback from me.

  2. #12
    I'm exited too, especially as it might coincide with the start of our long-awaited Age of Ashes campaign. It's in the planning since late last year, but we're currently still finishing up Abomination Vaults first.

  3. #13
    Is it possible to add "Exploration Activity" to the Order tab of the Party Sheet? Probably easy to integrate that into the Watch Order section. Just as a drop down or something.

  4. #14
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    31,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Montis View Post
    Is it possible to add "Exploration Activity" to the Order tab of the Party Sheet? Probably easy to integrate that into the Watch Order section. Just as a drop down or something.
    Tracking a PC's chosen exploration activity is something I have planned for the future, but I'm not planning on doing that in this release. I don't want to start adding to the scope of Release 19 - it's already a lot of work. What I have in mind will probably be in the Party Sheet and this release doesn't have any Party Sheet changes planned.

    What I currently do is have an image shared with the players that has the main exploration activities listed. I add the PC tokens (not from the CT) and the players move the tokens to indicate what activity each PC is currently doing. I've attached the basic image file I use.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Trenloe; October 5th, 2022 at 15:38.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  5. #15
    Can this be already accessed already on some other FGU branches? Like Test or Dev?

  6. #16
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    31,132
    Quote Originally Posted by ivell View Post
    Can this be already accessed already on some other FGU branches? Like Test or Dev?
    Not yet. There'll be an announcement in this thread when it's available for the first round of testing and what to do.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  7. #17
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    31,132
    The first Release 19 preview videos have been released - see post #2 for all videos.

    The new ones today are:

    1. Floating character sheet windows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKehtQry3vM
    2. Activities introduction: https://youtu.be/K3vomDTseB4


    I'm hoping to get this into the test channel after the current main FG testing is complete: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Release-v4-3-1
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  8. #18
    Ooh, those look cool.

    Regarding pinning the floating character sheet windows to the bottom bar - I notice that they are just titled with the character name. Would it be possible to have them title with the character name and which sheet it is? Would make it a little easier to keep track of which link leads to which part of the sheet.

    EDIT: Also, two small suggestions for the activities functionality (which is absolutely amazing, by the way, I am more stoked than I've ever been).

    1) When rolling against a creature's DC, can the DC be shown to the GM? Currently it's not shown to either, and giving that information to the GM is helpful in case a moment later the player realizes they forgot a +1 or something.

    2) When setting a DC with the new Roll DC field (did I mention absolutely amazing?), an option to make the DC "sticky". Often the entire party will be making a Recall Knowledge check (or perhaps a Reflex save!) at the same time, and it would be nice to not have to reset the DC after each roll.
    Last edited by MaxAstro; November 9th, 2022 at 06:30.

  9. #19
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    31,132
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    Ooh, those look cool.

    Regarding pinning the floating character sheet windows to the bottom bar - I notice that they are just titled with the character name. Would it be possible to have them title with the character name and which sheet it is? Would make it a little easier to keep track of which link leads to which part of the sheet.

    EDIT: Also, two small suggestions for the activities functionality (which is absolutely amazing, by the way, I am more stoked than I've ever been).

    1) When rolling against a creature's DC, can the DC be shown to the GM? Currently it's not shown to either, and giving that information to the GM is helpful in case a moment later the player realizes they forgot a +1 or something.

    2) When setting a DC with the new Roll DC field (did I mention absolutely amazing?), an option to make the DC "sticky". Often the entire party will be making a Recall Knowledge check (or perhaps a Reflex save!) at the same time, and it would be nice to not have to reset the DC after each roll.
    Thanks for the feedback Maxastro. I really appreciate it.

    I'll look into the name of the shortcut in the hotkey bar. But, in the end, you can right-click and rename it to what you want.

    1) Good idea - I'll look into providing that.

    2) What you see now is a very basic implementation. I'll provide a "sticky" option in future.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I'll look into the name of the shortcut in the hotkey bar. But, in the end, you can right-click and rename it to what you want.
    You can what? Huh. I should really try right clicking everything.

    Someone should put together some kind of list of "super helpful keyboard/mouse shortcuts!", because I missed the memo at some point. I also had no idea you could set targets that way like you did in the video.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
STAR TREK 2d20 02

Log in

Log in