5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Egheal View Post
    Here are my thoughts about the new dice feature:

- They are very nice but on my 2560X1440 monitors they are very small. This was not a problem without the new effects but it is now.
    The perseved size at /scaleui 120 is the minimum to start enjoying the effects. Scaleui 200 let see the new dices in all their glory. But of course it is not an playable option (I use scaleui 80 for a maximum of playing space).
    If you go full new skins (special symbols on dices) it will be very annoying to try to decipher the symbols on those small dices.

- The magical effects (aura, trails, rings...) seems too bright on my monitors, even dark ones if it make sense. The readability of the effects could be better with a decrease of the overal brightness of those effects (if possible consider giving use a slider to modify this parameter).

- concerning the customisable dices: it could be nice to be able to return to a default color (I am struggling to find colors that seems to be real metals).

Anyway thanks for this most wanted feature, I'm very happy to see this kind of improvement in FG (like sounds and WebM support ).
    I agree with Egheal regarding the magical effects. They are too bright and their mesmerizing effect (they are wonderful) tend to be lost in the clear background of the chat. A slider controlling the brightness level of the magical effect/auras would be nice...otherwise a slightly darker chat background would be a solution (maybe?).

Sounds and WebM support will be implemented with this FGU version (4.3)? I was hoping so.

Thank you very very much for your hard work and alway welcoming/working on oru crazy requests/desires.

Very lovely effects! I'd say for the "Aura" set though, it seems to disappear far too fast. Perhaps make it so that the effects pop one last time when the dice stops rolling?
    Like that "Ring of Elements" set, it has that slow fade of the effects as the dice fades, it gives the runes that popping effect when the light show subsides.
    And I don't know if it's against the current design mantra for the dice packs but perhaps make it so you could mix and match dice textures/colors with dice effects? That ammount of customizability would be brilliant!
    I was also wondering if it was discussed or maybe planned at dice with effects would have some extra "pop" or "fizzle" when they hit a nat 20 or nat 1?

The dice need to work on any colour background, at the moment, those effects are lost on a pale background. Otherwise, very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by eriktedesco View Post
    Sounds and WebM support will be implemented with this FGU version (4.3)? I was hoping so.
    Sounds are on their way (starting with an official Syrinscape implementation), but WebM is not, it was only wishfull thinking on my part, sorry for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Egheal View Post
    Sounds are on their way (starting with an official Syrinscape implementation), but WebM is not, it was only wishfull thinking on my part, sorry for that.
    Well...one step at a time. Sounds is already good enough right now.

I tested the dice with the dark theme and they are astounding!!! At tad to fast as specified by Nonimo.

In foundry when you roll the lowest or highest on a die a "special" effect can happen, is there a way to code those? Many systems do different things, but almost all have "something happen" when either side of max is rolled, some systems have exploding dice, while yes we get to see more dice roll, an "exploding" effect would be nice. When I roll a crit 20, in a game system a flash or something would be nice. An option for "special" effects for events like gm's in fg con, or winners of contests would be nice?

Checking that the boilerplate "Requires: An active subscription or a one time purchase of a Fantasy Grounds Unity license and any ruleset." does not actually mean Demo users cannot use/purchase dice sets.

I believe that the intent was for Demo players to be able to use them in a campaign hosted by someone with a license.

Thanks,

BOB
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.islandkingdoms.org

Yes, Demo players will be able to purchase dice, which are tied to a user account. The store pages up right now are just placeholders during the beta.

Regards,
    JPG

I fiddled around with the dice a bit and some of the effects don't seem to bright, but too fast. Similar to how some map effects are absolutely unwatchable at speeds above 4%, some of the glow effects are less "Mysterious, pulsating light" and more "Hyperactive Firefly".
    "Magical Charge - Earth" is one such example, as is "Spinning Elements - Storm". It just seems a little bit too fast in animations overall, giving it a very restless vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by FrodoB View Post
    I fiddled around with the dice a bit and some of the effects don't seem to bright, but too fast. Similar to how some map effects are absolutely unwatchable at speeds above 4%, some of the glow effects are less "Mysterious, pulsating light" and more "Hyperactive Firefly".
    "Magical Charge - Earth" is one such example, as is "Spinning Elements - Storm". It just seems a little bit too fast in animations overall, giving it a very restless vibe.
    Agreed! I'd personally love to see an effect speed option along with a slower default and slower dice rolling animations.

Thread Information