Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Beta Release v4.3 - Dice Feedback

Custom dice packs will be made temporarily available to all users with license keys during the beta testing period
    How? When I click on a custom die, I get forwarded to the shop and nothing changes?

I remember hearing several talks about that there will probably (EDIT: maybe) a free basic custom dice set for everyone. Now, it reads and looks like the whole feature is paid-only.
    BIG DISAPPOINTMENT if that is true.

-- The API additions and the source of errors is good though

EDIT: MW edited that custom dice are currently not available, so ignore my first questions.
    Last edited by Zarestia; September 29th, 2022 at 22:16.

The custom dice were always planned to be a paid-only feature, as far as I know.
    Did you hear differently from another statement? I just want to figure out where any misunderstanding might be coming from, and ask internally about it if it was someone else.

We have a mechanism in place to showcase custom dice on a temporary basis, so that we can rotate granting access to certain custom dice temporarily. We are planning to do that to allow users to preview some of the custom dice packs during play. This mechanism is the one we are working on using to share dice during the beta test, but is currently not working as intended.

Regards,
    JPG

Also, the showcase mechanism has been adjusted, and any Standard/Ultimate license holders should now see dice available to try out.

Regards,
    JPG

Don't know if this is a bug or not but Dice Color Body and Text has not effect on non-default dice. I suspect this is as expected.
    Pointer Color doesn't seem to have any effect anywhere but maybe I don't know what it should affect.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by jharp View Post
    Don't know if this is a bug or not but Dice Color Body and Text has not effect on non-default dice. I suspect this is as expected.
    Pointer Color doesn't seem to have any effect anywhere but maybe I don't know what it should affect.

Jason
    The colours can be changed on any dice with the colour palette icon
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Oh, and pointer colour is working for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

k. The pointer color was different than I was thinking so I was just wrong.

Thanks on the palette icon info.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The custom dice were always planned to be a paid-only feature, as far as I know.
    Did you hear differently from another statement? I just want to figure out where any misunderstanding might be coming from, and ask internally about it if it was someone else.
    https://youtu.be/ow8nQ3FSQOY?t=545

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post657937

Two times a "may", sad that it didn't come to this. Maybe the feature after sounds I can/will use.

[ignore]
    Last edited by jharp; September 29th, 2022 at 22:24.

Here are my thoughts about the new dice feature:

- They are very nice but on my 2560X1440 monitors they are very small. This was not a problem without the new effects but it is now.
    The perseved size at /scaleui 120 is the minimum to start enjoying the effects. Scaleui 200 let see the new dices in all their glory. But of course it is not an playable option (I use scaleui 80 for a maximum of playing space).
    If you go full new skins (special symbols on dices) it will be very annoying to try to decipher the symbols on those small dices.

- The magical effects (aura, trails, rings...) seems too bright on my monitors, even dark ones if it make sense. The readability of the effects could be better with a decrease of the overal brightness of those effects (if possible consider giving use a slider to modify this parameter).

- concerning the customisable dices: it could be nice to be able to return to a default color (I am struggling to find colors that seems to be real metals).

Anyway thanks for this most wanted feature, I'm very happy to see this kind of improvement in FG (like sounds and WebM support ).

Thread Information