DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    My personal suspicion is that FGU has the Token.setSize tied to the image and if its not around - it does not get updated based on the creature size. I'm not ready to go store all the original sizes and then restore them after the token is replaced at this stage just to compensate for a generic issue with not having the map open in FGU base code.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    It's very simple to duplicate. Have anything replace a token (extension is only way I know how to do this) while host map it is in is not open - and poof - shrunken.
    You shouldn't need an extension to show it off then. The onDrop in ct_token.lua calls CombatManager.replaceCombatantToken.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    You shouldn't need an extension to show it off then. The onDrop in ct_token.lua calls CombatManager.replaceCombatantToken.
    So you know how to do an onDrop from client into map that is not open on host? I mean obviously you could not do it from the host as that is the map that has to be closed to duplicate this. I stand ready for enlightenment how this is accomplished!

As I said - I have no way of doing this that I know of.

So you know how to do an onDrop from client into map that is not open on host? I mean obviously you could not do it from the host as that is the map that has to be closed to duplicate this. I stand ready for enlightenment how this is accomplished!

As I said - I have no way of doing this that I know of.
    Ah, it needs to initiated by the client?

I was confused as you said
    Is there a way to trigger a CombatManager.replaceCombatantToken call and all it executes in a normal FGU environment without the host having the map up (ie. from a client)?
    Since you could just close the map on host and trigger CombatManager.replaceCombatantToken from the CT, that appeared to satisfy your request. I see in a prior post you specify that "from a client" is not merely an example (as said by "ie" in the post I just quoted) but a requirement (which I now see you specify in the first post).

Ah, it needs to initiated by the client?

I was confused as you said

Since you could just close the map on host and trigger CombatManager.replaceCombatantToken from the CT, that appeared to satisfy your request. I see in a prior post you specify that "from a client" is not merely an example (as said by "ie" in the post I just quoted) but a requirement (which I now see you specify in the first post).
    It would work purely from host if you can trigger it on a map that is not open. How do I trigger replace of a token from CT without a map? Maybe that is the solution - I just don't know how to do that. Do you have an example? As if the map is "open" then the token will be replaced correctly. It requires the token operation to occur while the map is closed on the host. Even if you just have a host. Per my example with Death Indicators - but that requires and extension as it triggers off of wounds value changing and is not dependent on dropping anything on an active map. I mean to replace a token it already has to be on the map obviously.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; October 6th, 2022 at 16:00.

It would work purely from host if you can trigger it on a map that is not open. How do I trigger replace of a token from CT without a map? Maybe that is the solution - I just don't know how to do that. Do you have an example? As if the map is "open" then the token will be replaced correctly. It requires the token operation to occur while the map is closed on the host. Even if you just have a host. Per my example with Death Indicators - but that requires and extension as it triggers off of wounds value changing and is not dependent on dropping anything on an active map. I mean to replace a token it already has to be on the map obviously.
    I'll do a quick test and let you know. I assumed just dragging a new token onto the actor in the CT would call it.

Confirmed. CombatManager.replaceCombatantToken is called when you do this (without any extensions):

1. Open map
    2. Open CT
    3. Add ct actor to map
    4. Close map
    5. Drag new token onto actor in combat tracker
    6. Re-open map and note token is a different size

and actually, the token is replaced with a token of a different size when you do it with the map closed even with a medium creature (although it's more subtle with a medium creature as it just gets a bit bigger).

So I guess this is your reproducible test scenario, Moon.
    Last edited by bmos; October 6th, 2022 at 22:42.

Confirmed. CombatManager.replaceCombatantToken is called when you do this (without any extensions):

1. Open map
    2. Open CT
    3. Add ct actor to map
    4. Close map
    5. Drag new token onto actor in combat tracker

and actually, the token is replaced with a token of a different size when you do it with the map open vs closed.
    even with a medium creature.

So I guess this is your reproducible test scenario, Moon.
    Awesome - THANK YOU!!! I really did not want to bother with making a one off extension to show this - appreciate it!

This should be addressed in the Test channel. Thanks to @bmos for recreating so succinctly.

Regards,
    JPG

@SR, in case you are interested:

The change seems to have occurred in manager_image.lua in the onTokenAdd function.

Thread Information