FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

I finally found out how some things can shrink a large token image to a smaller image

Basically if I have some replace combat token (sort of like CombatManager.replaceCombatantToken code) for some reason or other I have occasionally noticed different extensions of mine which do this sort of thing end up with the huge tokens becoming medium. I could never find out why this happened seemed very inconsistent.

I have now managed to find out how this is happening. If the host combat map is not up on the host and the client does some operation sent to host to update that map token - this is when it shrinks. Seems to only happen with non medium tokens.

Any ideas why this would be happening?
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

You’d have to set up a minimum test case extension (maybe with letter tokens); and send over to review.

You may even find it on review.

Also, if you are replacing large tokens and the auto-scale is triggering, you’ll need to make sure you call the functions that set the drag units for the tokens.

Regards,
    JPG

Given all this, you need to make sure that the token replacement only occurs in the host as well.

JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Given all this, you need to make sure that the token replacement only occurs in the host as well.

JPG
    Yep first thing I did. It's not like this is super critical but I will try to get you an example sometime in the next week or so. It's been happening for years I just never put all the pieces to figure out the "why" of it. Just happy I finally at least know how it happens and the simple fix - don't run those things without the the host having the map up. I mean how often does that really happen - which is why it was so hard to find.

Also, before I do send an example I'll make sure I'm doing the stuff you said I should be doing - pretty sure it was doing the same thing the FGU versions did - but I'll have to double check.

Is there a way to trigger a CombatManager.replaceCombatantToken call and all it executes in a normal FGU environment without the host having the map up (ie. from a client)? As that would be an easy test case I could perform - I just don't know of a way to do it. My update code is doing the same things the combat Manager stuff does so that's not the issue. I ask because that would be a much easier test than me cobbling together and extension which could trigger it from the client to execute on the host.

The CombatManager.replaceCombatantToken function does not call any functions that require the image window to be open; which is why I need a simple extension that shows the issue.

Regards,
    JPG

It does expect a tokeninstance object, which you can retrieve using the image container database path and the token ID provided to the Token.getToken API.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    It does expect a tokeninstance object, which you can retrieve using the image container database path and the token ID provided to the Token.getToken API.

Regards,
    JPG
    I'll have to try and duplicate it then. Probably after I finish up a performance bug in AssistantGM and testing out the beta with my stuff.

Our group has this happen frequently. we are fighting giants, have some large shapeshifters, Tiny quasit... so several different sized tokens a lot of the time. it is HIGHLY annoying, so IF you track down the error, please try and fix it. we lose 5-10 minutes of game time to it every session. I never looked at trouble shooting it because I saw no pattern. I am rooting for you Silentruin.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Quote Originally Posted by Morenu View Post
    Our group has this happen frequently. we are fighting giants, have some large shapeshifters, Tiny quasit... so several different sized tokens a lot of the time. it is HIGHLY annoying, so IF you track down the error, please try and fix it. we lose 5-10 minutes of game time to it every session. I never looked at trouble shooting it because I saw no pattern. I am rooting for you Silentruin.
    It's very simple to duplicate. Have anything replace a token (extension is only way I know how to do this) while host map it is in is not open - and poof - shrunken.

I use Death Indicators and simply open host - close the map - kill (wounds = HP in combat tracker) the huge NPC that has a token in the map - then bring it back to life (0 wounds) - then reopen the map and poof - duplicated. I can do this even if the client has the token shown in a map on it - its only the host not having map open when operation happens.

For me this can be done as I described with Death Indicator - or with Polymorphism transforming a huge NPC to something else and back again with host map off - or Assistant GM changing client NPC control on and off with host not having map with token up - or pretty much ANYTHING that does what CombatManager.replaceCombatantToken FGU 5e ruleset code does when a host map is not up with the token its replacing or setting.

As I don't know a normal FGU function that triggers that type of operation unless the host map is up (if someone knows one just do that) I have to use extensions that trigger that thing which does not require host map up with that token as described. Which is a pain to make a simple test case and I've not gotten around to it yet for Moon Wizard - though I'm sure anyone could do it with the FGU function I mention above - you just have to get it to trigger while host map containing the token is not up. As I do the same operations as CombatManager.replaceCombatantToken does in all my replace token operations (well more and varied for each thing but that is the core of all of them).

Thread Information