STAR TREK 2d20

Dice keep reverting to black

Good Day All
    For the last two weeks in our 5E campaign when my players connect their dice have reverted to the default black. They reset the colors and again this week they were black. As the DM mine remained the color I had selected.
    I tried logging in on localhost in a clean campaign (no extensions) and I had the same problem on the localhost connection.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like they are not having their local cache updated when they exit FG. Make sure they are not just closing the window, but are using the right mouse exit options. They can also check their player cache to see if they have full permissions to the file inside it. I don't remember the name of the file, but it should be in the folder <FG Data>/cache/<campaign name>/usersettings/

And one of them can try deleting their player cache and rejoining your game.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

It could be a folder permissions issue, especially if they changed the FG data folder from the default location.

Make sure that there is a campaign.dat file in <FG Data>/cache/<campaign name>/.
    If no file, then the folder permissions are messed up, and have to be fixed to allow their user to have Full Control of the FG data folder.
    If the file exists, they can try deleting, in case the file has become locked or permissions messed up somehow.

The dice colors are stored inside the campaign.dat file in an encrypted form.

Regards,
    JPG

Good Day LordEntrails and Moon Wizard
    None of my players have changed any locations or permissions, that has been asked. Could it be something on my (DM's) end since it is happening to all of them to overwrite their choices? I did buy a new computer and transferred the Campaign files after installing FG, but it did not happen until 13 Sept 22.

Blog Entries
    It should be stored local to each user, in the file MW said. So normally its only a player "thing". But maybe you have an extension tat changes default behavior?

I would have a player clear their cache, connect to your game, change their dice color and exit via right mouse. See if the campaign.dat file has been updated (look at time stamp). If so, then have them connect again and still if the color change was remembered. If not, let us know. I can try to replicate on my end as well. (will try if I have time)

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Good Day LordEntrails
    Thanks, I will connect with one of my players later today and try. I did go into a clean campaign but only tried it from localhost and it was losing the dice, that was why I was wondering if it was on my side.

I've just done a test using localhost and it's working OK for me - using the CoreRPG ruleset.

Note that the dice colour is tied to a PC - so when you first join a game and haven't selected a PC you'll have the base colour (black) or what you've previously selected when no PCs are active. Then, once you select a PC the dice colour will switch to the last that was used for that PC.

See screenshots below - the first is after joining a GMs session (using localhost to test) and the dice are the same colour as I've previously set when no PC was selected; the second screenshot is after I've selected a PC and the dice colour has changed to that previously set when I had that PC selected.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Good catch Trenloe Yes, dice color is attached/related to the selected/active PC for the user. Forgot about that possibility even though I use it when I run multiple characters.

Good Day Trenloe and LordEntrails
    It seems that when a player joins and selects their character they then have to left click on the picture in the upper left and it shows their dice the correct chosen color... They never had to do that before, but a simple fix.

Thread Information