FG Spreadshirt Swag

Combat bug - enemies rolls not working as intended

The my last gaming session I noticed when an enemy attacked one of my players it behaved like a normal die roll and not an attack. As an example: Bad Guy 1 punches a player so I drop his fight dice on the attacked player, either on the combat tracker or the map, and in the chat it just shows up like I rolled the fight skill but doesn't calculate if I actually hit the player or even seem to realize Bad Guy 1 made an attack. The same thing happens if I have Bad Guy 1 roll damage against a player. Everything is working fine for the players. Hass anyone else run into this?

Are you able to get this to happen every time? Can you provide a sample campaign with this scenario set up, along with which characters are the source and target of the attack?

Thanks,
    JPG

We had this happen one time. Deleting the tokens from CT and map and reloading fixed the issue.

When you added the NPCs did you add via an encounter or did you drag the NPC directly to the ct?

It only happened the last time we gamed, I'll see if I can recreate it to provide a sample campaign.

I added the NPCs from the encounter, I didn't drag them to the ct.

My roommate is learning how to run Savage Worlds in FGU and had a similar problem recently. I found out that he was using the raw fighting skill instead of the attack roll associated to a weapon, so FGU would not provide the attack resolution information. Using the attack from the combat tracker fixed the problem.

Yes that is not an attack roll. It is a test roll to spook the players character into making a mistake.
    Ultimate License holder.
    Over 10 years on Fantasy Grounds !

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    My roommate is learning how to run Savage Worlds in FGU and had a similar problem recently. I found out that he was using the raw fighting skill instead of the attack roll associated to a weapon, so FGU would not provide the attack resolution information. Using the attack from the combat tracker fixed the problem.
    You know, I think this may have been the problem. I have been using Fantasy Grounds for over a decade and know that's not the proper way to make combat rolls but that's what I was doing. Stupid old age and failing memory....

Quote Originally Posted by Hex08 View Post
    It only happened the last time we gamed, I'll see if I can recreate it to provide a sample campaign.

I added the NPCs from the encounter, I didn't drag them to the ct.
    Just to be clear here because I'm not entirely sure you mean the right thing:

The NPCs always have to go to the CT first (either by drag&drop or by using the "Add encounter to combat tracker" button) and then the tokens should be added from the CT to the map.
    Adding them from the Encounters list straight to the map borks some stuff because they're not properly linked then.

Quote Originally Posted by FrodoB View Post
    Just to be clear here because I'm not entirely sure you mean the right thing:

The NPCs always have to go to the CT first (either by drag&drop or by using the "Add encounter to combat tracker" button) and then the tokens should be added from the CT to the map.
    Adding them from the Encounters list straight to the map borks some stuff because they're not properly linked then.
    I appreciate the clarification; I am doing that. I was just rolling the dice wrong

I wouldn't take to heart, my Savage players of many years now, still sometimes roll Fighting skill rather than the combat roll.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thread Information