DICE PACKS BUNDLE

spells after first level

Are my players and I doing something wrong when selecting spells after first level with the character wizard? When they select spells through the character wizard the spells they already chose show up as innate spells and I cannot seem to change them to proper class spells. Is there something I am missing, other than having them delete the spells labeled as innate and reselecting spells over again?

No, spells already selected are shown as innate spells in the Character Wizard. This doesn't affect how they appear in the character sheet. It's just a method of showing what's already been selected.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Innate is the feature's current solution in pulling the spells from their actions list. As the action list has no way of indicating that the character selected the spell or action during creation or level up, there is no other way to know if it was part of that process. Spells can be added after creation and level up for various reasons and would skew the feature. It is certainly something I have been working on for a solution, but this allows the process to work. The naming of innate may have been wrongly chosen and is being looked at with the upgrade.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Unfortunately, sometimes my players are a little…….. mentally handicapped. Despite me attempting to instruct them how to use fgu. Like, when they level themselves up when they aren’t supposed to. Or, when they see on the screen that they should receive 4 new spells when they level. I can, of course, go back to their character sheets and fix it, it’s just a matter of dealing with them getting agitated that the “computer let them do it, so it must be right.”

/sigh

Anyway, it’s good to see that I am not checking a wing box somewhere. All too often it feels like I am trying to retrain players who haven’t played in 20 years that tabletop games are not video games and that fgu is just a program to let us get together from across the country.

To be sure, I love fgu and I thank the devs and modders for making my favorite hobby able to be shared the way they do. Bugs and hiccups happen and I am ok with that. I just want to know if the hiccup is because of something I have done.

Thanks for the explanation.

Blog Entries
    Maybe if you remind them that FG does not enforce the rules, because it allows DMs to make their own rules and magic items that can make exceptions to the rules. It would help them change the attitude so they think of FG is more like paper than a computer game when it comes to rules

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Silver View Post
    Unfortunately, sometimes my players are a little…….. mentally handicapped. Despite me attempting to instruct them how to use fgu. Like, when they level themselves up when they aren’t supposed to. Or, when they see on the screen that they should receive 4 new spells when they level. I can, of course, go back to their character sheets and fix it, it’s just a matter of dealing with them getting agitated that the “computer let them do it, so it must be right.”

/sigh

Anyway, it’s good to see that I am not checking a wing box somewhere. All too often it feels like I am trying to retrain players who haven’t played in 20 years that tabletop games are not video games and that fgu is just a program to let us get together from across the country.

To be sure, I love fgu and I thank the devs and modders for making my favorite hobby able to be shared the way they do. Bugs and hiccups happen and I am ok with that. I just want to know if the hiccup is because of something I have done.

Thanks for the explanation.
    Well there is an upgrade in the works for this feature that should help iron out the issues most are seeing with it. I thank you for letting us know in the mean time so as to help ease everyone's playing.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thread Information