FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: Skills question

Skills question

Hi,

I want to add skills trough a mod, or rather i *did* but I've ran into a bit of a challenge.
    Rather than just adding the new ones, we decided to add ALL the skills including the ones that are already there, in order to change the skill group of every skill (makes it easier to assign level bonus according to the rules we are using).
    How can I ovverride the stock skills in the RM modules with the revised ones, rather than having both versions of every skill there? As is, once i click "group", the skills will randomly pick either the revised version grouping or the original version grouping.

We pool the dp's for primary and secondary skills, so that classification is less important.

Finally, thank you so much for your amazing work, I'm finally getting into FGU as a GM and the Rolemaster modules are very neat.

Hi Moostik,

You would have to unload the Character Law and Rolemaster Companion 1 modules when using the add skills buttons because they are trying to find every skill in the modules and campaign. So if you see it in the skill list then it will add them.

For the grouping, I can't replicate it but I only tried with making a copy of one skill and changing the grouping for it. It keeps using the group as set in the skill. The grouping only looks at the skills on the character sheet so it shouldn't be pulling the Character Law version of the skill unless it is on the character also. Can you provide me with a copy of the DB and let me know which character and skill is having the issue so I can try to recreate it?

Thanks,
    Dakadin

OK, that makes sense.

In that case we have a workaround for new characters.
    Had a look, it seems the behaviour I mentioned is tied to the adding of skills using those buttons, that is to say it randomly pulls either the stock skill or the modified skill when adding skills to the sheet, and never two skills wit the same name. Hence, the sorting by group seems random but is actually just a reflection of what skill version is actually added. That's ok, I just needed a way to force it to add the modified ones. I'll try the unload modules method and take it from there.

Thanks,

Moo

Thread Information