FG Spreadshirt Swag
    Blog Entries

DCC (Frost) Giants! Coming Soon to the Fantasy Grounds Store!

Greetings DCC fans,

I started working on the "classic" DCC adventure Beyond the Black Gate by Harley Stroh. Veterans of Harley's low-level adventure Doom of the Savage Kings will not be surprised to hear that this one is chock full of Viking-flavored NPCs and treasure! And there are some special treats in this one... Fans of Robert E. Howard's The Frost-Giant's Daughter, one of the earliest Conan the Cimmerian short stories, will find plenty to like, and D&D Classic enthusiasts should keep an eye out for some odd critters from the AD&D module G2 Glacial Rift of the Frost Giant Jarl. You can expect the same colorful battlemaps featured in recent DCC releases for the FG store, which will highlight some of the beautiful winter-themed art from my friends at Inkarnate.

The story entries are finished, but maps are the rate-limiting step. I will share updates with a few screenshots as the work progresses.

Happy gaming!
    Last edited by leozelig; November 14th, 2022 at 00:15.

Awesome, looking forward to it!

Blog Entries
    Just working on the main map, not bad so far.

citadel.jpg

Nice color!

Blog Entries
    I think I just realized why it's called "the black gate." The screenshot shows the lower half of this map, which can be used for random encounters as well. I need to add LOS occluders and encounter tokens to the player maps and then convert the bonus adventure (no fancy maps for that one), so I'm probably a couple weeks away from submission. This should hit the store sometime in December hopefully.

black gate.jpg

Cool, I just picked up Sea Queen Escapes. Either it just came out or I missed its release somehow.

Blog Entries
    I saw it in the weekly email, which I think is just new releases. We have a decent selection of DCC modules in the FG store now. Just in time for Goodman Games to go all-in on Weird West!

Blog Entries
    I submitted this for review, so you should see this in the store sometime in the second half of December - just in time for winter! Goodman Games went with ice giants instead of frost giants - I wonder what the story is behind that. This adventure seems like a lot of fun, and as usual, I think you'll enjoy the color maps. I played the first few encounter areas in the Thrice-Tenth Kingdom a few years ago (we skipped the prologue for some reason), and then our judge suddenly decided to run a completely different adventure.

Anyway, here is a map of some ruins. Not to belabor the point, but I think the map really adds to the creepy vibe of this area!

The Fallen Chapel.jpg

Looks great!

Thread Information