Starfinder Playlist

Creating a Module of 'Favorite Assets' from Art Sub

I heard somewhere, that you could create a module, with links to assets you wanted to bundle up, organize, ie. create a favorites or 'working palette' - so that you didnt have to dig through the assets folders every time to find the stuff you need. Essentially, it was stated you could create a couple of generic maps, and drop assets into them, effectively create a palette of art/brushes/decals, and EXPORT as a module. I'm just trying to create some semblance of organization to circumnavigate the tedious assets window, narrowing down only what i want to use, just like gathering all the colors/paint i want before I start drawing.

I was envisioning a simple module i create, with a bunch of direct links of brushes, backgrounds, decals ect. that I could just drag and drop right onto a new image.

e.g Create module 'my goblin camp assets', in here create 10/20 records - links to the assets
    click on the asset record
    drag it onto new image...

I'm able to create module with a bunch of references, but..
    when I drag and drop the record, I'm getting pins <link backs> to the original source.
    Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong, or if what I'm trying to do is even possible.
    I just watched a video from FGA and he brought this up as a workaround, but perhaps I misinterpreted what he said.

Since there is no native favorites system, this was brought up.

Any help greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by spencerg; September 24th, 2022 at 04:04.

If you create an image using assets from FGU all that does is create an xml file with links back to the assets used in the making of that image. So when you export all you are doing is exporting an xml file with links rather than an actual image.

There isn't a way as far as I know to change the way the assets are organised.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you Zacchaeus, I'll just keep hoping they improve the system. I'll use hotkeys/quicktools i guess. I was just really surprised you could at the very least, tag an item as 'favorited' and then filter for them.

Thread Information