Starfinder Playlist
Page 9 of 15 First ... 7891011 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by L4wful3vil View Post
    Here's a dumb question but where is the download link? I don't see it in this thread or on the Forge.
    1. Click "get" button on Forge (if you haven't already)
    2. Open FG Launcher
    3. Click Update (even if it isn't red)
    4. It will download to Vault or Extensions folder (depending on how this extension is configured)

If you don't want to use the Forge auto-updates you can get the ext files on GitHub
    https://github.com/ZarestiaDev/Advan...sheet/releases

Quote Originally Posted by L4wful3vil View Post
    Here's a dumb question but where is the download link? I don't see it in this thread or on the Forge.
    The link to the forge
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/861/view

There You click get and then update fgu in order to fgu yo download it automatically.

Then You have to active the extension

I have a question, is there any way for the players to get the spell descriptions? I have a few players that dont mind the actions only, because the spell list is short and simple and my paladin and cleric want the spell descriptions because they have so many to pick from. or maybe have the spell descriptions during prep mode and the actions during combat? I as the GM love this sheet for pathfinder it makes setting things up for newbies simple and everything is so easy to find

Quote Originally Posted by Soveliss67 View Post
    I have a question, is there any way for the players to get the spell descriptions? I have a few players that dont mind the actions only, because the spell list is short and simple and my paladin and cleric want the spell descriptions because they have so many to pick from. or maybe have the spell descriptions during prep mode and the actions during combat? I as the GM love this sheet for pathfinder it makes setting things up for newbies simple and everything is so easy to find
    I developed this with 3.5e in mind, where nothing besides the SRD is licensed and pretty much everyhtign homebrew has no short descriptions, that's why I got rid of them.
    Maybe you can take a look at one of my other extensions which shows the spell description on hover: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/829/view

Greetings,

My gaming group is restarting our dormant PFRPG1e game (which is the game that I run). We cycle through about 4 different systems/campaigns/VTTs, and so this game has lain fallow for several years. This means that the skills and knowledge associated with running this game (on FG) have likewise been unused for that interval.

In addition to that, I'm also moving the campaign to FGU. This means that not only am I reacquainting myself with long-idle skills and knowledge, but I must add new skills/knowledge (w.r.t. FGU).

On our first couple of nights I was reminded (by players who are also refreshing their unused knowledge) that FG's PFRPG1e character sheet lacks some automation features that they think should be present...

Anyway, that's the background for this post (because I'm intending to apply the Advanced Character Sheet extension.)

My first question is related to one of my player's Monk character: How does the Advanced Character Sheet account for a Base Attack Bonus that specifies a second attack, e.g. +7/+2 (Level 10 Monk - and, of course, eventually there will be 3 attacks).

Thanks!! This looks like a great addition to PFRPG1e.
    Last edited by swest; August 30th, 2023 at 17:08. Reason: clarification

The weapons section on the actions tab, find the weapon. Change the number of attacks to 2 and then the 4 boxes to the right should automatically be +7. +2. X. X.

X being blank.

I am available on discord if you want to chat or go through some things. Also mi signature has a link to extensions that can really help automate things.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Also, and more generally, there are fields which seem like they could be automated (even on the original sheet), but aren't. For example, the aforementioned BAB... This is specified by level on the Monk (or other) Class sheet. Why not extract it from the relevant table and apply it automatically? This also goes for the Save bonuses (in the same table)?

Just curious.

Thanks, again!

(I need to read this entire thread (and I will), it will probably answer some of the questions I have.)

(crossing posts)

> Change the number of attacks to 2 and then the 4 boxes to the right should automatically be +7. +2. X. X.

Cool. Thanks for that.

> Also mi signature has a link to extensions that can really help automate things.

That's great! I'll check them out.

Also, I'll make sure to subscribe to the Discord channel. [edit: D'Oh! You didn't mention a channel, you mentioned your username... Got it!]

Cheers!
    Last edited by swest; August 30th, 2023 at 17:48.

Regarding the BAB and the #att field, I did see that before, and should have tried making changes to the player's sheet to see how it worked.

However, my question actually stemmed from the fact that the BAB field (which must be manually set) doesn't allow for the syntax that appears in the Class table. i.e., you can't specify a BAB of "+7/+2" for a level 10 Monk, or "+16/+7/+2" for a level 16 Monk. Where do those 2nd and 3rd numbers come from when you change the #att field?

Discord me, there are several ext and Mods that will automate that none are specifically this extension
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Thread Information