FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

How do I get "Resistance Roll table" for an attack?

I just noticed that there is an NPC from one of my modules called Black Mold, it has poison with "Resistance Roll Table" as the attack table, but I don't see it in the drop down, how do I get this for another NPC?

capture.JPG

If you open the RM Tables, you can drag the link for the RR table to the Attack Table field of the attack.

Yeah, I just tested it and it doesn't seem to work right now. I know it used to because I have some PCs in my campaign with non-attack tables in a couple of their attacks. In the meantime, just drag the RR Table to the table resolver from the RM Tables.

Also if a RR is rolled without a RRTarget effect on the person rolling then it will added the RR to the Table Resolver so when the GM resolves it then it will open the RR table.

Dragging the Critical tables and RR table into the Attack Table fields broke with the last update (possibly earlier, but I use this process frequently in NPC's and items so I think it was the last update). My Light Elemental is not happy that he can't envelop and do his D electricity critical to 18 skeletons through the Table Resolver.

Quote Originally Posted by CaMac Al Stac View Post
    Dragging the Critical tables and RR table into the Attack Table fields broke with the last update (possibly earlier, but I use this process frequently in NPC's and items so I think it was the last update). My Light Elemental is not happy that he can't envelop and do his D electricity critical to 18 skeletons through the Table Resolver.
    Yeah I need to track that one down and get it resolved.

Thinking about it, I do have to say that using the RR table as an attack isn't going to work anyway since a RR is something the defender rolls and not the attacker. So just having the defender roll the RR will bring up the table so the attacker and defender levels can be cross-referenced to see if it is successful or not is the best way to do it if it isn't related to the base spell attack table.

I do need to get the attack table on items to accept criticals again though because that is something the attacker does roll and it can really speed up the AoE attacks that do criticals.

Being able to drag and drop the the crit tables in is certainly more useful. However, in my sessions there are usually 10-20 NPCs on the tracker along with 10 PC's and pets etc. which makes it very hard to find one specific NPC from the map in a list of similarly named NPC's in the combat tracker. Many attacks require using the RR table without using the Base Attack Table - such as Melee Scuffle, poisoned weapon, etc. So I have my PC's and NPC's set up with attacks that pop the RR table automatically into the Table Resolver where you have the character sheet for attacker and defender nicely linked and clickable. Without that, for each attack I have to scroll up and down the Combat Tracker to find them. It also queues the events for me when they have attacks that require a sequence of rolls to determine success and failure.

Melee scuffle is a good example:
    - Attacker rolls the skill
    - If skill successful then Attacker pops the RR table into the queue
    - GM clicks the defender from Table Resolver to do a Move RR (otherwise I'd have to pick out this single defender from a long list of similar NPCs)
    - If defender fails the Move RR then Attacker does an Unbalance Crit attack which pops into the Table Resolver queue as a crit only attack which can be easily applied because the defender is linked.

So this whole attack relies on your drag and drop feature for RR and Crits to manage the sequence and resolution in a quick and easy way through the table resolver. I was delighted when I first read your older post talking about it.

I haven't found a way to get the attacker and resolver into the Table Resolver except through an attack like this and it is great since it avoids me having to scroll up and down looking for NPC 18 in the sea of NPC's to apply the results manually.

Ah that makes sense but this might speed things up for you a bit especially until I can get the attack table issue fixed. You as the GM can always just double click the token on the map to open the NPC or PC character sheet. Then you can roll the RR. If there is an effect to apply drop it on the token. That should prevent you from having to track down an entry in the Combat Tracker which I agree can be difficult to do at times. It doesn't help if you need to apply damage to them though.

Thread Information