STAR TREK 2d20

Newcomer Question: Utlimate Edition Technical Limitations?

Hello, I was considering showing Fantasy Grounds to my current GM as an alternative to Roll20. Our campaign regularly runs out of space for new character sheets as my GM is constantly making new NPCs for us to interact with.
    What limit is there for FG when it comes to the total amount of GM-created character sheets? Likewise with battle maps? Is it possible to import assets such as custom art or tile sets?
    Last edited by ThrowawayMesser; September 19th, 2022 at 07:17.

Player characters and NPCs are handled as different style objects in FG. The GM can make characters as a player would but the NPC setup is considerably more streamlined. The NPC object handles monsters, sidekicks, friends, foes, townies, whatever you want to put in it. I don't know if there is a limit but if there is it is pretty large considering I have run with five monster manuals and a couple of modules plus Waterdeep all loaded at once.

You can pretty much import any graphic file into FG. Setting up walls, doors, windows and things is pretty efficient these days. There are also a multitude of preset maps and tile sets available as well.

If you are interested, you might check the FG Academy. They run free 'this is how to do this or that' sort of games, and also have instruction sessions and videos on the various basic and advanced features of FG. The Academy can be found here https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com/fgacademy-times.

Welcome to FGU.

The only limit would be how much memory you have on your computer I think. Creating PC/NPC characters don't take up a lot of memory so I'd probably guess at hundreds of thousands. Yes you can import any image/token/portrait/asset into FGU.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    In terms of technical limits like you are asking about, the biggest difference to understand between Roll20 and FG is that Roll20 is a web hosted service (hence the storage limits) and FG is a client-server application that the GM runs on their own computer.

I'm running FG on a nearly 10 year old laptop. And I have dozens of campaigns, many of them with hundreds of unique maps in them. And multiple NPC/monster modules each with many hundreds on NPCs. From a file system point of view, 4600 files for 11.5GB of space.

In short: You won't run into any of the limitations on number of campaigns, maps, PCs, NPCs, etc that you see in Roll20.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information