STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    As the PR person for PCGen, I have attempted to talk to them about getting their books into PCGen for probably close to 15ish years. They are just VERY resistant to ANY type of computer support or aids for gaming.
    The company's only been around for 10 years...
    But yes, I agree 100%. It's for tabletop - even though most people these days are:
    1. working multiple jobs or overtime as inflation dramatically rises,
    2. want to reduce carbon emissions by not driving,
    3. not printing and non-tangible resources lower carbon footprints by having only digital,
    4. having moved from their long-time group of friends into more affordable locations,
    5. may have mobility issues,
    6. do not have the physical space (because of the rising cost of living and rent increases) to store physical books,
    7. FLGS stores, coffee shops, and bars struggle to keep pace with the economy, and
    8. the major brands (wOuNdEd D&D) now set an expectation that everything is online, so younger players will expect the change.

For a social responsibility company (points 1, 2, 3, 5) and from an economic standpoint (1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8), not supporting on-line is just against their own principles. But that's business.
    Last edited by Poe the Homunculus; September 22nd, 2022 at 22:24.
    The beginning of any story is a happy accident; the end, a tragic fate.

@Moon Wizard and @darrena - you guys are like my VTT heroes.
    I played with the updates last night - OMG they fix a lot. Amazing.

With the OGL and the new fixes, I'm going to convert adventure books like Explorer's Keys and Weird Discoveries to FGU.
    I don't know if we sell, but the OGL should allow me to share.
    Last edited by Poe the Homunculus; September 22nd, 2022 at 22:28.
    The beginning of any story is a happy accident; the end, a tragic fate.

With the OGL and the new fixes, I'm going to convert adventure books like Explorer's Keys and Weird Discoveries to FGU.

Quote Originally Posted by Poe the Homunculus View Post
    Nope. It doesn't. In fact, it specifically excludes creating things for the Numenera, Predation, and The Strange settings. Even if it didn't, the OGL only allows creating NEW works while allowing reprinting the rules, items, variants, etc. that are actually in the Cypher System Reference Document (CSRD). Sharing would still constitute a copyright violation. Basically, if it isn't specifically printed in the CSRD or newly created by you, you can't share it.

EDIT: The main benefit to the COGL is that you no longer have to go to MCG to get a Creator License to be able to make Cypher-compatible stuff.
    Last edited by wndrngdru; September 23rd, 2022 at 00:44.
    --
    I'm so bassic

After playing around with the new updates (LOVE them btw), I ran into another thing that I forgot to mention in my original post.

Many, maybe even most, abilities don't require a roll. However, a high percentage of them still have an ability pool cost associated with them that are offset by that stat's Edge. Can we have it so that the roll is an optional thing on abilities? Perhaps a different icon to click for the ones that just have a pool cost?
    --
    I'm so bassic

Quote Originally Posted by wndrngdru View Post
    After playing around with the new updates (LOVE them btw), I ran into another thing that I forgot to mention in my original post.

Many, maybe even most, abilities don't require a roll. However, a high percentage of them still have an ability pool cost associated with them that are offset by that stat's Edge. Can we have it so that the roll is an optional thing on abilities? Perhaps a different icon to click for the ones that just have a pool cost?
    Added a checkbox to the ability window to indicate if the ability has an associated roll. If the checkbox is checked, it works as before. If not, it only spends the cost of the ability. Should be in next Tuesday's update.

Thread Information