DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    One more aesthetic request:
    Would it be possible to have the Effort/Assets/Use Edge box use the same background as the Modifier box? Then it would follow along with any applied theme. Right now, darker themes that use a light font are nigh unreadable (as seen here with Modern Dark).

Attached Images Attached Images
    --
    I'm so bassic

Quote Originally Posted by wndrngdru View Post
    It's also what happens when you have great developers and community. Y'all rock harder than granite!
    HELL YEAH!!
    You all rock. Nah, you all are so rocking is like a moutian.
    The beginning of any story is a happy accident; the end, a tragic fate.

Unfortunately, it can't use the same background as the modifier box, because the modifier box is a fixed size graphic. Maybe @darrenan can find another frame graphic in CoreRPG that will work.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by wndrngdru View Post
    One more aesthetic request:
    Would it be possible to have the Effort/Assets/Use Edge box use the same background as the Modifier box? Then it would follow along with any applied theme. Right now, darker themes that use a light font are nigh unreadable (as seen here with Modern Dark).

Not really. They are two different graphics. The one used for the modifier box is just a static graphic which is common to all rulesets deriving from CoreRPG, which is why the theme can replace it. The other graphic is specific to Cypher. The theme author would need to be aware of the existence of this graphic asset and replace it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Unfortunately, it can't use the same background as the modifier box, because the modifier box is a fixed size graphic. Maybe @darrenan can find another frame graphic in CoreRPG that will work.

Regards,
    JPG
    I suppose I could look into that, but then it would look way different from the modifier box. Maybe that's not a bad thing? hmm....

The imagepanel frame seems to work ok for most themes, I'll change it to that.

diffadjustnewframe.jpg

Perfect!

Suggestions for future development (purely wishlist stuff at this point, for me at least):

• Effects framework that allows to add Eased/Hindered for # of action(s) to a CT entry. When added to an NPC it would temporarily affect the level of the NPC, perhaps changing the color of the level box in the CT to green/red to show it has been changed from default. When added to a PC, it would just work as if it were a positive or negative asset on the roll, obviously not subject to asset limit.
    • A way, perhaps by leveraging the new vehicle capabilities, to group foes into a gang on the CT
    --
    I'm so bassic

[BUG]

Something is up with the Currency panel. I get "Unable to create currency slot for character () (0 Shins)" in chat and it just makes a blank text box in the Currency panel. New lines can be added but the text box is still present.

Steps to recreate:
    • Create new Numenera campaign
    • Create new character
    • Change to Inventory tab
    --
    I'm so bassic

Quote Originally Posted by Poe the Homunculus View Post
    MCG always wants people around the table to sit and play so they don't give licenses out to VTTs - M. Cooke has a dislike for them. RPGs are meant to be in-person, like Invisible Sun.

I agree with wndrngdru above. I think I ran a game for him on Founder's Day 2022.

If I can help in any way, please let me know. I have been pushing MCG since 2020 to support VTTs as the pandemic hurt, and now big gun D&D-whatever is making RPGs an online community instead of the tabletop. They are not just against FG, it's a strong "in-person" policy.
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    P.S. Someone needs to get it through Monte's thick skull that not everyone has the option of playing in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poe the Homunculus View Post
    Been trying that for **years** ��
    As the PR person for PCGen, I have attempted to talk to them about getting their books into PCGen for probably close to 15ish years. They are just VERY resistant to ANY type of computer support or aids for gaming.

I just committed a fix that should address that warning to the source control. It should be picked up when @darrenan does his next push.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information