DICE PACKS BUNDLE

LFG 1 Player LF Any nights PST 7-8pm+ US Time Zone prefer 5E

FG License: free
    Time Zone: Pacific PST
    Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Ideally looking for a weekly or semi weekly game, played in the evenings, starting around 7-8pm PST. I can probably be flexible on the days of the week.
    Term: I'd love to find a long term group that I clicked with, but willing to start with shorter terms.
    Voice: I would prefer both voice and video so that I could possibly start to get to know the people I would be playing with. I have a good mic.

Game System Preferred: 5e (though I would be willing to try pathfinder)
    Game System Experience: I've got moderate experience with 5e, I'm not a noob but also not an old hand.
    Fantasy Grounds Experience: I have played in mini campaign on FGU, so some experience, though I would be due for a refresher.

Character Type Preferred: I have lots of character ideas and I don't just play one trope. I prefer to learn the setting and the rest of the party before committing to any one character. I prefer if the character makes sense given those other variables.
    About me: I'm a 38yo (ironic name, I know) dad of 5, looking for a way to unwind and relax. I enjoy long walks on the beach and a split between RP, exploration, and combat. I have played in groups that were too RP heavy, and other groups that were too combat heavy. For me, I would probably say that there should at least be a combat every other session or so, depending on the narrative. I am a sucker for good narrative and because of that I would like to find a group that at least makes a good attempt at RP. I don't take myself so seriously that I have to stay in character all the time or anything like that, I enjoy the jokes and banter out of character (and in character for that matter). I don't mind character optimization, but I try to not take it so far as to min/max everything. If I multiclass, I want it to make logical sense story wise, and I don't want to try and surprise or pull a fast one on the DM. I like it when characters have real flaws that impact the game, and I want my characters to have specific long term goals and motivation that makes sense within the story and settings.

Speaking of settings, I am open to most settings, including homebrew. If lore or setting history is important, I would appreciate having material to read on my own time to help my character development. I don't mind mature themes, but I don't really care for horror or things being too R rated. I'd prefer the typical medieval fantasy type settings.

discord: OldManD#6668
    Last edited by OldManD; October 31st, 2022 at 18:36.

You seem to be the exact type of player I like to DM and/or play in the same party with. I know you are PST, but what general area are you in?

Quote Originally Posted by TMO View Post
    You seem to be the exact type of player I like to DM and/or play in the same party with. I know you are PST, but what general area are you in?
    I see you're in Portland, I am down in Albany

My start time is a bit early than what you are looking for, but if you are interested, check out the thread I just created.

Quote Originally Posted by Longinius View Post
    My start time is a bit early than what you are looking for, but if you are interested, check out the thread I just created.
    yeah sorry, I'm not even home from work at that time, plus I've got kids that I spend time with before they go to bed. I hope you find someone good though, good luck

Quote Originally Posted by OldManD View Post
    I see you're in Portland, I am down in Albany
    I'm actually in Forest Grove, which you are probably more familiar with than those outside of Oregon. So you are about a 90 minute drive from here. Part of the reason I was asking is because I'm interested in getting a traditional table top group together. I haven't had such a group since I was in high school and college on Southern California. 90 minutes each way might be too much.

Getting back to a VTT/FGU campaign, I have some options that might interest you. I need to sort out some details first but I'll DM you when I have something to present. If you are still available and interested then it would be great to team up.

Quote Originally Posted by TMO View Post
    I'm actually in Forest Grove, which you are probably more familiar with than those outside of Oregon. So you are about a 90 minute drive from here. Part of the reason I was asking is because I'm interested in getting a traditional table top group together. I haven't had such a group since I was in high school and college on Southern California. 90 minutes each way might be too much.

Getting back to a VTT/FGU campaign, I have some options that might interest you. I need to sort out some details first but I'll DM you when I have something to present. If you are still available and interested then it would be great to team up.
    yeah, I would love an in person game, but so far that has not worked out. But as far as something on FGU, just keep me in mind.

Thread Information