STAR TREK 2d20

Tilt 5 and FGU update

Hi,

Tilt 5 is a virtual gaming table that launched a few years ago and Fantasy Grounds was one of the launch partners.

Its about to become mainstream has there been any update or early Kickstarter experience with this platform and Fantasy Grounds

Tile Five website for those unfamiliar. https://www.tiltfive.com/

Blog Entries
    Hello Andrew,

While we were intrigued by the possibility of Tilt 5 and what they are hoping to accomplish, we decided not to pursue this further. We spent some time with the development kit to see if this would allow us to create a good product and we determined that it would not allow us to create a product that did a good job representing either Tilt 5 or SmiteWorks. Tilt 5 had fewer resources available to prototype an integration than originally discussed and building a prototype did not fit in with our current project load and development staff availability.

We wish Tilt 5 well in the future, but at this time it does not look like an integration will be possible.

I still think an AR solution to roleplaying game exists in the future. The minimum requirements for me would be:

• The device has to be lightweight and comfortable for extended usage lasting 3-5 hours (a typical RPG game session)
    • A multiplayer use device for a local space must be able to easily accommodate 4-6 separate pairs of goggles
    • The control structure and interface have to be intuitive and be able to work with existing UI or replace it
    • The device needs to be affordable
    • The hardware needs to be readily available
    • Any new build we support would have to have a certain amount of market penetration to sustain a user base
    • The application of the technology for any given software (FGU in our case) has to be unique and distinct enough to be a compelling option

Hi Doug,

Thank you for taking the time to provide an update.

A shame as I recall the product being a really interesting option - lucky I did not back at FGU was the primary reason for getting a set.

I am really looking forward to the developments that Smiteworks have in mind and plan to reveal before the One DND show gets on the road.

Andrew

Blog Entries
    I did back, and it's a good system. Though I have no other AR products to compare to. But, even in the gaming space it seems to mostly be a fun add-on or gimmick. At least for me, AR has not reached the level of being incorporated into my gaming. Hopefully one day soon, but not yet.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information