DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Very nice!
    I use your Ammunition Manager extension (awesome, by the way) so my question is this - I haven't used GEONE's ammo extension, but does it offer any features that yours doesn't and/or compliment your extension?

Quote Originally Posted by BushViper View Post
    I use your Ammunition Manager extension (awesome, by the way) so my question is this - I haven't used GEONE's ammo extension, but does it offer any features that yours doesn't and/or compliment your extension?
    It definitely doesn't compliment it. I haven't tried using both at once, but I'd assume they'd be completely broken.

In terms of raw functionality it certainly has less, BUT it's simpler and the drag and drop interface should work much better for people who prefer to keep arrows in their inventory in quivers like "Arrows (20)"
    In short, they're just different and it's nice to have competition

Features mine has that don't seem to be here:
    Includes effects pinned to ammo via Advanced Effects.
    Allow recovering ammo at any percentage desired and that percentage is entered at time of recovery rather than via an option.
    Enforces loading of certain weapons before they can be fired.
    Automates infinite ammunition spells/effects/circumstances via disabling effect.
    Supports many rulesets, with special features in Starfinder.

I'd love to hear GEONE's answer since they know their extension better than I do.
    Last edited by bmos; February 4th, 2023 at 11:35.

Ah, I wasn't aware your extension existed/supported 5e. I haven't used it so I don't know all its features, so if I get anything wrong just ignore that point.

As for features mine has over bmos':
    Uhmmm
    -I guess you could say mine is more lightweight?
    -You don't have to load the weapon using a button every time you make an attack by default (5e largely hand-waves away loading, so tracking it doesn't make much sense for 5e specifically).
    -The ability to use anything as ammo with any weapon set to ranged. So you can sling any custom item from any weapon without needing one of the keywords in its name.
    -Ammo is linked directly to a specific item entry in your inventory, and that item's count is deducted from your inventory when you recover your ammo. (not sure if bmos' does this too, the demo video wasn't clear on that).
    -Synced ammo check boxes for weapons that share the same ammo (also no idea if bmos' does this too).
    -Proper handling of ammo bundles [i.e. "Arrow (20)"].
    -Mine is probably buggier so that's more fun!

If you want a bunch of extra robust features then bmos' extension is the way to go. But if you just want a simple QoL addition to the existing 5e flow-of-play, then I think my extension offers a simple addition with minimal interaction.
    Last edited by GEONE; February 5th, 2023 at 05:03.

Quote Originally Posted by GEONE View Post
    Ammo is linked directly to a specific item entry in your inventory, and that item's count is deducted from your inventory when you recover your ammo. (not sure if bmos' does this too, the demo video wasn't clear on that).
    This is probably the most important difference.
    Mine doesn't deduct from inventory "when you recover your ammo" but rather "when you use ammo."
    So mine either expects you to give up on the idea of quivers and swapping them out or to track quivers separately in the inventory. GEONE's extension treats the checkboxes on the Action tab as the quiver and then replenishes it from the inventory.

Hello! Very helpful ext but I have notice that when you deleting item (for example Dagger) from Inventory Tab it doesn't cause deleting of Actions (Dagger Actions like Normal attack or throwing) from Actions tab. Without your mod it is works fine. It's only my problem or general?

P.S. Also notice that I have similar problem with Ammunition Manager ext - When I adding an item in Inventory tab it doesn't cause appearance of Actions in Actions tab.
    Last edited by Halahad; September 29th, 2023 at 01:00.

Thread Information