FG Spreadshirt Swag

Not seeing 3D dice rolls from one player

I have a weird thing happening in my game. I'm running a 5e Curse of Strahd game weekly. One of my five players, consistently every week, his dice rolls do not show up for me. I see the results (eventually), but I never see the actual 3d dice rolls. On the rare occasions that I do see them, they show up on the very bottom of the screen and then roll off (without showing the faces to me). All of the other players see his rolls normally.

It's just this one player. Everyone else shows up normally for me. And his dice rolls also seem to be slightly delayed as a result of this. Sometimes, I'm not even sure if he rolls until I see the result in chat.

I'm not sure what I could do to fix this as it's just one player. The thing is, this player is in another one of my games (also a 5e game, but different module)and the same thing happens there. So it seems to be something between his client and mine.

What resolution and UI scale are you running at vs. what resolution and UI scale is he running at?

It could just be that is chat window is so much larger than yours that the dice are rolling off-screen relative to your positioning.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    What resolution and UI scale are you running at vs. what resolution and UI scale is he running at?

It could just be that is chat window is so much larger than yours that the dice are rolling off-screen relative to your positioning.

Regards,
    JPG
    That's a weird, but compelling theory.

I'm running at scaleui 180. He is running at scaleui 100. Several of my other players are also running at 100, so I don't think that's it.

Blog Entries
    I have one player with a much higher resolution screen and his dice roll off screen for me.
    It is to do with Resolution - or more likely the size of the Chat Window on his computer.

Quote Originally Posted by wframe View Post
    I'm running at scaleui 180. He is running at scaleui 100. Several of my other players are also running at 100, so I don't think that's it.
    As mentioned, it's not just about scaleui, screen resolution will also affect it - what resolution are you and the player running on your monitor you display FG on?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information