DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Lost my PCs and recent NPC adds

Hello,
    Last night while GMing my weekly Savage Worlds game we struggled all evening to stay connected to the server, and finally my laptop completely froze and I had to reboot. The internet was fine with all other devices in the house. We were able to play with continuing short interruptions, but it was disruptive. This morning when I go back to the same campaign, all the PCs are no longer there, the NPCs have no tokens attached, nor are the modifications I had put in to them active, and the entire encounter is no longer active. The combat tracker is empty, the map has no tokens on it. It's as if all the pre-work I did yesterday as well as our play period were not registered at all.
    I did do a Windows update last night after the trouble, but I don't see how this would wipe out work already existing files. The encounter can be redone, but losing the PCs is not quite so easy to repair, they are quite experienced and there are no paper copies. Please help!

Caratacus

You may be able to roll back to an earlier save than the current db.xml database file. See this Wiki page: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...n+Earlier+Save

Look for a db.session.xxxx.xml file from during or after your game yesterday.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Well at least I got the characters back. 20 sessions in would have been hard to rebuild by memory.
    THANKS!!

Caratacus

Blog Entries
    Is your FG Data folder on a cloud shared drive like Google Drive / One Drive etc? If so, you need to insure that automatic syncing is turned off whenever you are using FG.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

No thank you it's not, I keep it on a USB.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caratacus View Post
    No thank you it's not, I keep it on a USB.
    Keep a backup. As far as storage goes, USBs have a high failure rate.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Also note that the "server" is the GM's computer. The cloud "server" only acts as a broker for connecting the player computers to the GM computer.

Thread Information