5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    Added new build. Added the miss information to the roll... I dont know why but on CC its not copying the playbook info over for the roll information. I'm out of time but I'll look at it later.

Quote Originally Posted by bayne7400 View Post
    This fix will make this irrelevant but we have different pdfs I guess. Basically when Evil Hat never got back to me about publishing I stopped working on this but it was basically done. I would have gone in and tweaked this and actually tested it before release. So your playtesting basically.
    Attachment 55784
    Ah, I see what you mean now!
    I think you are using the "original" edition of the PDF, I am using the Monster of the Week Revised corerulebook (from Drivethrurpg), which has more playbooks
    index.png
    I can see that the ratings are written with two different formats in the Revised rulebook: if an attribute rating is 0, any new playbook just uses "Cool 0," for example, like in the Crooked:
    crooked.png
    while "old" playbooks that were present in the original PDF still use "Cool=0," as the format, like in the Spooky:
    spooky.png

This looks like something I should point out to Evil Hat rather than you, now that I know it So much for "revised" rulebook!

I don't know if you'd count this as a bug:
    in The Divine playbook (which is not in your version of the PDF), the player must choose three divine Moves; your ruleset allows only to choose 0, 1 or 2 options from each list of moves - can the dropdown in the playbook template be expanded to 3?
    Divine moves.png
    Similarly, in The Expert playbook the player needs to choose three options for its Haven (which would go in the Other tab), but just like the Moves tab the dropdowns in there allow the selection of only 0, 1, or 2 options
    Expert Haven.png

I have workarounds for both: I can repeat the Divine list of moves twice, once allowing 2 options, the second one allowing 1 option, and similarly for the Expert's Haven I can use 2 lists, but that won't prevent selecting the same option twice that way.

I hope that all my playtesting isn't making you think "I should just abandon this forever..."

Flipped the new build to live. A bug is when you get a big fat console error or a mechanic is wrong. The automated CC was just for fun and doesn't effect your game play.

Quote Originally Posted by bayne7400 View Post
    Flipped the new build to live. A bug is when you get a big fat console error or a mechanic is wrong. The automated CC was just for fun and doesn't effect your game play.
    Understood!

One more error, please don't shoot the messenger!

I completed the Divine playbook, when creating a character it throws this error right after selecting the ratings:
    Code:
    [ERROR]  Script execution error: [string "Monster of the Week:..ipts/manager_char.lua"]:319: attempt to concatenate local 'nPicks' (a nil value)
    Attached logs and module with the playbooks as before
    Attached Files Attached Files

You need to set your number of picks in your playbook

I was indeed missing the picks in Gear and Advancement, but even after setting them I still get the same error. The weird thing is, it doesn't happen every time: I created three characters with the Divine template, two got the error during character creation, one didn't
    Attached Files Attached Files

First there are more the Gear picks not set to a value. Check them all.

But the problem is the combo box not registering the default value of "0" into the DB. For a work around for each pick select a non zero number then select 0. after that that playbook will be good to go for export. Ill go back in script around this when I have some time.

Bear with me, please:
    The only picks left to zero are those of sections that I do not need to use, such as the last section in Gear:
    Gear.png
    which is empty, and the second and third section in Other:
    Other.png
    which are empty as welll; everything else has a 1 or a 2 selected, I double and triple checked (Moves has 2 for the first list and 1 for the second, Looks has 1, Ratings has 1, Improvements has 1 and Advanced Improvements has 1).
    Do I need to set the picks also for those sections that are completely empty? Or am I suffering from target fixation and I am not seeing a section that I should see?

Thread Information