5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

Ok quick answer is it is looking for description text on your Fates. Ill look at it more closely and update the code as that should not be required (I dont think there are descriptions in raw anyway)

I updated it. Was poorly coded. I was teaching myself to use menus so that's why i did it this way. I'll check back in an hour and see if I can flip it to live.
    Last edited by bayne7400; January 11th, 2023 at 18:33.

I know you mentioned you stopped developing this, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask:
    For the Roll window, such as when defining a playbook's moves, we have the Actions tab where we can define the results of 10+, 7-9 and Advanced Move. Is there any chance you could add a "On Miss" field, to paste the text of when a roll misses? Because several Moves (like "The Big Entrance" for the Chosen) have specific results on miss like "On a miss, you’re marked as the biggest threat by all enemies who are present", or the Fixer for the Crook has "On a miss, the only person who can help is someone who absolutely hates you", it would be nice to have these show in the chat windows like the successes.

Yeah I am not developing this anymore. Let me know if you find any errors. I would just add it to the first line of 7 to 9 so it throws it in chat

Unfortunately yeah, I have just completed the playbook for The Crooked and I get a new error after selecting the ratings.
    It's attempting to reference a nil value on line 280 of campagin/scripts/manager_char.lua.

I've attached both compiled logs and the exported module with my playbook
    Attached Files Attached Files

First I dont see Crook in the PDF.
    Second you have to copy directly from the PDF so your format has to match. Your format is missing required information. Ill look through the code and tweak it but next time copy a section from the pdf and see if that fixes your error.

Sorry, the correct name is The Crooked. It is in the PDF, page 35, and yes I did copy and paste from the PDF - I don't type anything by hand because I saw your warning that it needs to be exactly like the PDF. What required information is missing?

I just recoded it it to accept basically anything as long as you use the "," to separate the attributes. Ill add your misses to the record while I'm in here. I'm not going to mess with the roller output unless you find a bug

This fix will make this irrelevant but we have different pdfs I guess. Basically when Evil Hat never got back to me about publishing I stopped working on this but it was basically done. I would have gone in and tweaked this and actually tested it before release. So your playtesting basically.
    Untitled.jpg

Thread Information