FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

How to modify module from forge

Hello here, greetings from France. I am very bad in English and I specify that I write using DeepL

I bought a module from the forge (TCE) and I would like to modify it in order to translate some elements for my players.
    How can I access the XML code directly (more convenient for translation)?

Welcome to FGU.

If you mean Tasha's Cauldron of Everything then that isn't from the Forge but is a copy protected module. You cannot access the xml code of any such modules (and probably in most cases you won't be able to access stuff from the Forge either since they, too, are mainly copy protected.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you for your answer.
    Yes, I am talking about this supplement. It is impossible for me to translate it. Sad.
    Is it possible to get a refund?
    I will buy the French version in paper and import it by hand.

Blog Entries
    Yes, we offer a 30-day refund on all purchases. Just contact support.fantasygrounds.com

Quote Originally Posted by Roll-Tray View Post
    Hello here, greetings from France. I am very bad in English and I specify that I write using DeepL

I bought a module from the forge (TCE) and I would like to modify it in order to translate some elements for my players.
    How can I access the XML code directly (more convenient for translation)?
    If the product is in the vault folder, it is only accessible inside FGU.
    But you can copy the entries inside FGU and translate those if you're willing to do so.

Blog Entries
    Do note, many NPC abilities, spells, and features require English for the automation in FG to work. For examples of things you will find in an entry that require the English you can look at this page: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ced+Automation

That is not all of them, some feats and spells etc require the name to be in English as well. You might wish to consider Zarestia's idea, and then adding French translations below the English, so that you maintain the automation.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thank you for your answers. I did get my money back.
    I already know the problems you are talking about. There is a fan made FR version of core ruleset and D&D5 ruleset. It translates only what does not hinder the gameplay. To use it, you have to import yourself what you want to play. It works pretty well even with extensions like "equiped effect" but it's a lot of work and tutorial to watch. Everything is written by hand because DnD beyond doesn't exist here. We don't have a PDF available for purchase in French, I don't know if it's the case elsewhere.
    When I took this module I thought I could use the xml file to translate it more easily.

To make my work easier and to be able to work on the modules. Do you think it is possible to make an extension that could do this ?
    When I move my mouse over the Acrobatics skill, a speech bubble appears with the translation I wrote manually.
    When I move my mouse over the actions of an NPC, a speech bubble appears with the translation I wrote manually.
    Etc...

We could add the icon to modify a speech bubble on the right click wheel.

I don't know if it's technically possible

This will allow me to translate without modifying the original content and therefore never have compatibility problems with the extensions.

Translated with DeepL
    Last edited by Roll-Tray; September 21st, 2022 at 15:01.

Blog Entries
    For years there was a pretty active project to provide a framework for translations. Though I think it died out a year or two ago. It would be worth looking at to see how they apprached it. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...roject-Program

The tooltip / pop-up on mouse over seems like a reasonably possibility and like an extension might be able to do it. But sorry, wouldn't know where to have you begin on such.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

There is a way to do the tool tips. I do not know the programing part but there is an extension on the Forge that does that now.

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/829/view

Zaresta created it, here is the forum thread for it:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...75041-Tooltips
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.islandkingdoms.org

Thank you !

Thread Information