Hello,
My name is John and I have been a TTRPG player for over 36 years and a DM for 35. I run both off the shelf and original adventures. I cater to busy adults who do not get to game that often.

With One D&D on the horizon and 5th Edition getting a little old, why not try a retro edition? We will compare 2nd Edition D&D with 5th Edition through play in a campaign while discussing mechanics, tactics, and survival in a different play format. We will be playing Ruins of Adventure/Pool of Radiance which were a popular novel based on the first D&D video game story which later was converted into a TTRPG adventure.

Some topics we will cover:
• 2nd Edition is more deadly than 5th Edition, rumor or fact?
• How to carry out various actions without 5e style skill checks.
• Why the 10ft pole is an important mundane item.
• Why you need a ranged weapon more than a melee weapon.
• Choose your weapon wisely. There is more than piercing, bludgeoning, and slashing.
• How Gold = XP changes the dynamic of the game.
• The importance of henchmen and hirelings to success.
• Gold, Charisma, and other factors lead to owning a business, temple, keep, or other stronghold

Technical details are:

• 1st Wednesday of the month starting Oct 5, 2022 9pm-12am ET
• Microsoft Teams for voice chat. Webcams are optional.
• Fantasy Grounds for the VTT.
• Optionally you may request the DM run your character in Fantasy Grounds. You watch & learn via screen share during the game.
• Syrinscape for sound effects.
• Session Duration is 3 hours.
• Session will be recorded and text transcribed for current and future joiners to see what has already been accomplished.
• Email address required. You may use a throw away gmail.com or outlook.com address.

Safety & Conduct
• 18+ Only
• Generally PG-13 but may be Rated-R, TV-MA, or M for Mature at times with themes similar to Conan, Beastmaster, The Barbarian Bros. Etc.
• LGBT and diverse friendly, though the game will be about the character not the players
• Refrain from discussing any real world privacy matters such as weather where you live, who you work for, that great restaurant in downtown <REDACTED> that you love to eat at etc.
• Refrain from discussing politics, sports, and other off topic matters.
• No personal attacks against other players
• DM reserves the right to remove anyone for misconduct or harassment

Onboarding and Payment
• Credit Cards $40.00 per session via Stripe

Questions
• Please feel free to inquire via PM about the game/lessons.