DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Starship Descplan Layout Question

When laying out the various areas of a ship I am trying to figure out how much space something like the jump drive should take up. The drive for my ship in question is 13 tons which works out to take up ~26 tiles of space. I based that on the CT Book 02 - Starships.

So, the question is, would that be a be a room that consumes ~26 tiles with the jump drive inside it or would it be a jump drive that takes up ~ 26 tiles of space with a room surrounding it?

I believe its a jumpdrive that takes up 26 tiles with a room surrounding it. Although some of the MGT2 deckplans (black and white ones you can d/l on Mogoose website) seemed to not be correct for whatever reason. I haven't yet got the new highguard. you also have 10%? buffer to make bigger or smaller on a deckplan. But that still doesn't explain some of the deckplans out there. I had the very same question when I was designing my ship. And reading the text it seemed to not mention any additional space to allocate other than common areas for staterooms. maybe the new highguard covers it better as I see in the 2022 main rulebook, the new deckplans seem to be more accurate. maybe post your question on Mongoose new Discord? But according to the strict text, jump drive takes up ## tons. Not jump drive and room and supporting area takes up ## tons. great question. Let us know if Mongoose answers any differently. :-) Of course, I'm just looking at MGT2 design.
    Last edited by Pharoid; September 11th, 2022 at 07:01.

Thread Information