DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    Looking forward to see the end result as 1e/Osric have been one of the editions I've been looking to run but have stayed away to this point given my perception of the need to fiddle with the extensions. A separate ruleset (and 1e conversions or conversion tools if possible) would go a long way to address that for me personally.

I agree and that's what I'm trying to get at. For the last day or so, it has seemed to me that the best approach is a ruleset and the single mod to houserule both it and 2e. I've also thought for a while that auto-conversion of the 2e stuff in the 1e modules is something I want to work on. It did just the other day come to my attention that such a thing exists for OSE. I'm gonna take a look at that.

Last night, I did convert the new extension I've been working on into a ruleset and tested changing ruleset for an existing campaign. I think it's all doable. I just need to finish wrapping my head around how I want to layer on top of 2E, remove the functionality in the base ruleset and add it back via extension.

First, I'm going to backport my new stuff into AD&D Options and House Rules.

Thanks for your feedback.

Still having issues with encumbrance not updating when characters get or drop gear, I have to manually turn it off and then back on. It is happening in multiple games.
    Playing since 1983, DM since 1985, FGC Full License, FGU Ultimate License.

Currently GMing:
    * OSRIC AD&D (1st Edition) (Sunday)
    * D&D 5e (Monday)
    * OSRIC AD&D (1st Edition) (Tuesday)

7+ years of gaming via FG

My apologies. I think I found the problem and fixed it. It will be out this week.

Just wanted to drop a note on where I'm at and where I intend to go with it, as well as what the options look like for the next version, in case anyone thinks it might break their game or that they have any feedback that would change some of the decisions.

I decided to build an OSRIC ruleset out of the changes I made for what was going to be the Core 1E extension, and then decided that the "AD&D Options and House Rules" extension should work with both 2E and the thus-far-unreleased OSRIC ruleset. I took everything that I thought was relevant to either system while also being an option, and moved it into the AD&D Options and House Rules extension, giving it options and default settings based upon which ruleset you're using.

I need to test everything, but the general idea is that an OSRIC ruleset will come out within a couple weeks and be regularly improved upon. There will also be an extension for options and house rules that can work with either 2E or OSRIC, presenting ruleset customization choices based on the ruleset you're using.

This update would require anyone using the extension to review their settings to make sure it's doing what they want it to do. I tried to be very careful to make sure your current settings will still work, but it is still an organizational change and one that might require DMs to pay close attention to what their options are and how to change them. I'll test it more fully tomorrow and, hopefully, release it if no one has any issue with this direction.

Please see the options and their re-organization, in the attached doc, and let me know if you have any questions or want to see anything changed.

z_options-screens.pdf
    Last edited by Doomsword; September 23rd, 2022 at 08:01.

I found the encumbrance issue: Extraplanar Containers and Bag of Holding extension is not updating the value.

Currently GMing:
    * D&D 5e (Monday)

Thank you. I read this a few days ago but neglected to respond.

I haven't tested my newest stuff with those extensions, explicitly, but I did fix some encumbrance stuff that might help.

I'm gonna release the new version and afterward make sure that I test with these extensions/options enabled.

I'm working on releasing the new version of the "AD&D Options and House Rules" extension right now, which I'll post in the thread that discusses it. It includes some things that would probably be useful for either 2E or OSRIC/1E players and is a pretty big change, hopefully maintaining backward compatibility.

Next week, I'll release the OSRIC set I've been working on.

With your current extension loaded from the DM side I only see 20's for every AC and any roll misses AC 202022-10-09_18-15-29.jpg 2022-10-09_18-12-36.jpg

Currently GMing:
    * D&D 5e (Monday)

This is with the version I just released?

Mine looks fine. Can you send me how your options are set?

Screenshot 2022-10-09 201522.jpg

Also, came here to tell anstett that I added the "Minus CON" option for Death's Door Threshold

Thread Information