5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Question for Mac users

Hi all,

I have a windows desktop machine that I use to run FGU games. I’m looking to go a bit more mobile just to create modules and maps and since our house is mostly invested into the Apple ecosystem I was looking at maybe a macbook air or pro. But, it is really difficult to find anyone with experience running FGU on a mac, so… I thought I’d ask here.
    Aside from FGU for creating modules, I use Inkarnate and DungeonDraft with a ton of assets for creating maps then import them into FGU and draw LOS occluders.

Is anyone on the M1 or M2 chip? Any RAM recommendations?
    For the M2 chips I’m a bit torn between the 16GB and 24GB versions. Not sure it’s worth the extra money for an M1 PRO chip or waiting until the M2 PRO laptops are released.

Thanks!

I am using Mac Mini M1 with 16GB of RAM, completely enough to prepare and run games. FG is running on emulation, but you won't notice. Due to Unity engine, if there is proper video card the application will perform sleeker and draggin text-heavy windows won't be sluggish, but we know macs don't have proper video cards anymore

You will be OK with the regular M1/M2 chips without the pro version.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

I run FGU on a Macbook Pro M1 and a Mac mini M1. Both have 8GB and I don't have any issues.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

I run totally fine with an Macbook Pro M1 16' with 16 gbs while doing a multitude of things - supposedly that holds true for the 14' if mobility is what you're looking for.
    My Forge Stuff: (click and you'll go there )

-----------------------------
    Discord: @mtprimo • Ultimate License Holder • FGU Community Dev & Forge Crafter • Marketing & Designer • Brazilian
    Owner of Aqui Existem Dragões, a company focused on adapting TTRPG content to digital/VTT ready content.

Hi all, thanks for the feedback!

I ended up getting a 14" MBP with the M1 Pro chip (just the baseline one). It's been a phenomenal machine and now I'm wishing FGU was better at handling trackpads.

Thread Information