DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spencerg View Post
    Just registered and added it. Thanks for linking me there. I really hope they listen, because I haven't used a file management system this counter intuitive in quite awhile.

Want to zoom out and use thumbs (even thats bad, but not near as bad as using a grid view with paging for the root)...cool. Exit come back in...uh, what happened.

ON Tab 5, in folder B, I want to go up a folder and pick up where i left off... ...oops, now your back at tab 1.

No persistent state of preferences, no tree view, tedious paging...ect. ect. We have all these beautiful assets, art sub, and apart from searching, you can't even get a clear idea of what you have without drilling down through 40+ 's bags, and god forbid you just want to go back up and continue where you left off...back to square one.

rant over, I hope they prioritize this with all the assets they sell...really a shame how bad it is.
    Can you post a link to your wish list post? Might help people who agree to add their thumb's worth.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Can you post a link to your wish list post? Might help people who agree to add their thumb's worth.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=139360

Here is my suggestion on informer. I got the link from Zacchaeus signature, if you check his post above he mentions it.

Really hope they have something planed for this, at the very least, tagging assets as favorites so you could setup a list of stuff you want to work with, and then simple filter.

Apart from that, the whole experience needs an overhaul, and I'm sure they're intimately aware that it does., just takes time.

I just finished overhauling and upgrading the file management system for our products, it was a nightmare, so I sympathize.

But, a user should be able to quickly find/view/preview things, without being buried in paging and non-respected view preferences.
    Last edited by spencerg; September 25th, 2022 at 00:39.

Quote Originally Posted by spencerg View Post
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=139360

Here is my suggestion on informer. I got the link from Zacchaeus signature, if you check his post above he mentions it.

Really hope they have something planed for this, at the very least, tagging assets as favorites so you could setup a list of stuff you want to work with, and then simple filter.

Apart from that, the whole experience needs an overhaul, and I'm sure they're intimately aware that it does., just takes time.

I just finished overhauling and upgrading our products' file management system; it was a nightmare, so I sympathize.

But, a user should be able to quickly find/view/preview things without being buried in paging and non-respected view preferences.
    I'd already tried to build a catalog module to help address this issue.
    I stopped developing because it was right before the Reference manual builder was released. It's an art asset catalog module on the Forge.
    Besides making shortcuts on the shortcut slots for the assets you want to use, there is no solution to knowing what you have or what asset sets have which content types embedded in them. I took screenshots of the website store pages, made links and previews for each art asset pack so we could narrow down what to search for.

Demo idea video: https://youtu.be/ARm3zNzK1tM
    https://youtu.be/68KPCG5zzcQ
    Last edited by Laerun; September 25th, 2022 at 19:15.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

A year later, and I must bring this up again.

I'm not going to renew the art sub.

The Reason: Everything mentioned in the OP.

Its just too frustrating to use.

I'd love to hear from anyone at Smiteworks on this, because 2 of the 3 major issues with the assets window, should literally be minor projects for any programmer.

Apologies; it's on our medium term list but has been just out of priority reach when planning. Even though things can be considered "minor projects", they still require context switching from other projects to tackle them.

Doug had some initial prototype features similar to what you want; so hopefully we can find some time to bring those in soon, in between other projects.

Regards,
    JPG

That would be very much appreciated, the asset window remains a significant speedbump slowing down GM prep for me. Thanks!

I understand, I’m an software engineer myself, believe me I get it. You will not find me complaining usually. Aside from some performance issues on the lua stack, this is one of my only other gripes. It just seems a shame to have all those beautiful assets, and no joke, I absolutely dread having to browse them.

But regardless, I am sooo happy to hear that someone has an eye on it! Made my day.

Ps. love ❤️ this VTT .

While we wait on a better solution, would it be possible that we could at least get persistence for our preferences - such as zoom level and thumbnail/grid, and make it remember what page we were on when going back to the root?

These two relatively minor changes would do so much in making this more friendly.

When drilling into a bag on tab 5, realizing its not what you want, then going back to the root only to be kicked back to tab 1, its just really rough.

Thank you,

We're in the middle of some other updates, but we're going to look into trying to slip in some minor improvements through the ruleset side of things over the next few weeks. No specifics yet, as we're making a list and assessing work/risk since we're looking for best bang for very limited time.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    We're in the middle of some other updates, but we're going to look into trying to slip in some minor improvements through the ruleset side of things over the next few weeks. No specifics yet, as we're making a list and assessing work/risk since we're looking for best bang for very limited time.

Regards,
    JPG
    Thank you for the update moonwizard!

Thread Information