FG Spreadshirt Swag

not sure if this is the right place but

Why can't see what items are getting updated on the FORGE. The long sequence of names isn't easily resolved. I have bought a lot of stuff on the forge and had to unload most of my extensions. I would like to know what is getting updated so I could try it again. I was having better success managing the extensions from DMSguild previously because I was aware of what had updated. ( I actually had some scripts moving files around for me) Is there a technical reason for not showing the name of the new downloads from the forge? Is there a place where I can see all of the last updates for the items I have? I am spending a lot of time troubleshooting extensions.

Thanks for the help.
    GM Ultimate license FGC and FGU

Just Finished running City of Eyes Level 20 Characters 5 players FGU
    Group now running new campaign.

Playing a Survival DND game in FGU

Running a Mutants and Masterminds game in FGU

Playing a Mutants and Masterminds game in FGU

Playing a DND campaign based in MIDGARD

Playing a Homebrew Campaign against the Dragon kings in FGU

Running a game of Fallout 2d20

Blog Entries
    I can tell you what I know, but I don't work for SmiteWorks so keep that in mind.

Every file (object) in the Forge has to have a unique name. So that FG knows what to load for a campaign, but also for tracking on the forge, downloading, troubleshooting etc. Using a friendly name as input by the Forge creator would not guarantee uniqueness, so a UUID assigned by the Forge database is used.

The FGUpdaterEngine.log file will show you everything that gets updated. But again, uniqueness is required so the UUID is shown in the log. On the Forge page for each Forge product the UUID will be given. You can keep a list of UUID and friendly names for ease of cross-referencing.

No other method I know of has yet been implemented, but I do believe the suggestion has been added to the Forge Wish List thread.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I do understand exactly why they use a UUID. I work with VERY large databases, but providing the consumer nothing of value with UUID isn't great. Even if the name had multiple similar titles, we could actually go and check both rather than completely without information. Maybe I will right myself a script to go and pull from log file. I would have done that already but I own a LOT of extensions and forge items. Maybe I need to do something to pull down that information also. I was hoping there would be decent cross reference or something.

@jrowsey1 I did try that extension and it helps a little. The issue is I run a fair bit of games play in more than a few. People are always asking me what extensions are broken. I have *lots* of them. I have started removing all but the critical ones that I really depend on and not using the nice to have. The issue remains, if I am not loading an extension that is of marginal help. I appreciate the thought though and it is a cool tool.

After making a more complex script, I found it is very easy to find out what Forge items were upgraded with a few lines of powershell. I still think it would be nice to display the name and the UUID if that is your concern but at least I have a script to display what was updated by the latest FG updates.
    Last edited by bawsr; September 15th, 2022 at 22:20. Reason: update previous comments and describe i resolve my issue

Thread Information