DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 11 First 12345 ... Last

Thread: So... Kingmaker

Quote Originally Posted by tiawaz View Post
    Will it be possible to use the Campaign Book/Extension in a 5E campaign alongside the 5e Monster Manual?
    As stated above, I will ask to find out if this is possible from a legal sense.

In addition though, I do want to point out that the Kingmaker 5e Monster Manual and PF1e Bestiary are just monsters to use for parts of the game. There is no mention on how to convert other aspects of the campaign. If approved, the best I can offer is to make sure the adventure runs in the other rulesets. There will be no official conversions to replace Pathfinder 2e rules with PF1e or D&D 5e rules. It will be up to each GM (PF1e) or DM (D&D 5e) to modify the rules to fit, which will be some work by the GM/DM running the game. So in summary, the basic story can potentially be there but the specific game mechanics will have to be evaluated/replaced by each individual GM/DM running the game.

I should also add that making the story compatible in other rulesets (if approved) is not a high priority item and will happen after the other items on the roadmap.

Hope this clears this up.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    People will be able to open the module with Universal Modules extension but not use any extensions that you write for PF2.
    Heck, I didn't realize that was a thing. That seems like the perfect solution.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by sciencephile View Post
    Heck, I didn't realize that was a thing. That seems like the perfect solution.
    It's a solution, definitely. But not one that really we can recommend as an official way of running PF2 Kingmaker in another ruleset.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It's been a while since I have been around. I have been taking some programming classes, mainly c++, but I am glad to hear this will be converted.

Might be a silly question but will the 'Kingdom Building/Army Extension for Kingmaker' be free download so those of us who want to use the rules in our campaigns without the whole AP be able to use it? Or will it be linked to purchased users only?

Xargun

Quote Originally Posted by Xargun View Post
    Might be a silly question but will the 'Kingdom Building/Army Extension for Kingmaker' be free download so those of us who want to use the rules in our campaigns without the whole AP be able to use it? Or will it be linked to purchased users only?

Xargun
    Kingdom building and army mechanics are not officially part of the Kingmaker development. I was going to add it to my list of to-do's as a forge item (when I have time). Thus it was going to be an unofficial extension. However, if a current Forge developer wants to develop this themselves, they can work on it now and it might be ready when the AP comes out (*wink*, *wink*). Otherwise, if I do it, it will be weeks/months away as it is low priority.

Ultimate License Holder

Damn it, I'm hearing as a challenge.
    Daniel Salles de Araújo (@dsaraujo)
    Developer of PFRPG2 GM Enhancements - Improve your Pathfinder 2E game!
    Check out the Pathfinder Deck of Endless NPCs!

Quote Originally Posted by dsaraujo View Post
    Damn it, I'm hearing as a challenge.
    Considering your excellent work on what is so far my favorite extension, I hope it's a challenge you feel like taking.

Me too

To be honest, I'm not much of an extension builder. I spend all my time trying to put out modules for the folks. Therefore, I will not be upset at all (in fact delighted) if the challenge is accepted.

Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information