DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 11 First 1234 ... Last

Thread: So... Kingmaker

So Paizo is now taking pre-orders for retail and had a Roll20 link in their email I just got. Very disappointing there is no ETA on the FG versions yet. Hopefully soon.

Quote Originally Posted by danman71 View Post
    So Paizo is now taking pre-orders for retail and had a Roll20 link in their email I just got. Very disappointing there is no ETA on the FG versions yet. Hopefully soon.
    The official release of the adventure path by Paizo is still 5 weeks off and FG don't do pre-orders for any products. We also don't give a firm ETA because there are many things that can delay an product. This is the same for any FG product, so please don't feel very disappointed at this stage.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I was looking through the new Kingmaker Players Guide that I just downloaded (https://paizo.com/community/blog/v5748dyo6si5a) and I see that there is a nice Kingdom tracking sheet on page 82 and a nice Army tracking sheet on page 86 of the PDF. Are there plans to somehow incorporate these sheets into FGU so they can be utilized in the campaign?

Of note also are the urban grid and various building graphics so players can build out their kingdom. Curious if it can be shared how that mechanic might work in FGU for the players as they build their kingdom. I have seen in the Kingmaker PF1 AP2 FG module that there is a grid map with tokens. Not really sure how this works for players but, is it similar or different?
    Last edited by Stargrove; September 24th, 2022 at 16:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargrove View Post
    I was looking through the new Kingmaker Players Guide that I just downloaded (https://paizo.com/community/blog/v5748dyo6si5a) and I see that there is a nice Kingdom tracking sheet on page 82 and a nice Army tracking sheet on page 86 of the PDF. Are there plans to somehow incorporate these sheets into FGU so they can be utilized in the campaign?
    Earlier in this thread damned shared a picture of an early version of the kingdom sheet.

I did see that but I was not sure if that was for the original AP or this updated one.

Hi, this is Danny (sciencephile). I am the developer for this product for FGU. I started it a bit ago but I did move across country so I had to take about 3 weeks off and am back in full swing with it today. Normally, I'm one of the faster devs but this thing is monstrous (even the player's guide is almost 90 pages where player's guides are typically 10-15 pages). I don't have any immediate plans to create extensions to automate kingdom building and/or armies. That will be on the to-do list but may take a few months to get done. Luckily, the first 2 chapters of the adventure are lengthy and it should be quite a while before kingdom building or armies are needed anyways.

Here is the roadmap for what I am developing:

Kingmaker Campaign Book (2e) + Player's Guide
    Companion Guide Supplemental
    5e Monster Manual for Kingmaker
    Pathfinder 1e Bestiary for Kingmaker

Note: While no extension will be released on day one, the adventure will have the grid maps and the building images. While the players cannot place buildings directly on the map, the GM can place the buildings on the map as separate layers on the grid map. So, visually you can see the kingdom layout and what buildings there are. It should make the system at least playable until the slicker, more permanent solution is released.

Hope this helps,
    Danny
    Last edited by sciencephile; December 15th, 2022 at 12:00.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Yes, I was surprised that the Players Guide was so big as well. Thanks for the info. Looking forward to diving in once it is released.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    Earlier in this thread damned shared a picture of an early version of the kingdom sheet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargrove View Post
    I did see that but I was not sure if that was for the original AP or this updated one.
    It was something I was working on for the original.

Will it be possible to use the Campaign Book/Extension in a 5E campaign alongside the 5e Monster Manual?

I'll have to get back to you on this. Paizo created these products as non-digital with the intention of the adventure itself being Pathfinder 2e and then allowing the D&D 5E Monster Manual and Pathfinder 1e Bestiary to run games in those systems. I'm not sure what their rules are for VTT play. I am going to run this up the flagpole via Smiteworks (and ultimately Paizo) to make sure it is kosher to make the adventure run in multiple systems. I will post an update once I have more information. Thanks for the patience.
    Last edited by sciencephile; September 27th, 2022 at 20:24.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information