DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Blog Entries

New Level 4-5 Modules Coming Soon!

I've got some classic DCC adventures in the pipeline! I recently submitted Blades Against Death, which should be in the store in about a month. I am also working on another level 4 adventure, Emirikol Was Framed! (see screenshot), which is a fun romp through a wizard's tower, and I plan to follow that up with the level 5 classic adventure Beyond the Black Gate.

With the eventual release of BBG, I think the store will have a pretty complete selection of the "must-have" DCC adventures by Goodman Games. I have never been a big fan of the sketch maps (heresy, I know!) so I am making my own using Inkarnate, which is one of the best mapmaking apps around if you ask me. The FG maps are really nice, and I think they create some added value for those of us who already own most of these adventures in another format.

shifting tower_level 1.jpg

Awesome, thanks for all the work!

I would love to see the Purple Planet boxed set hit the store but, having done The Chained Coffin (Shudder Mountains) myself, I know how much work that is.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabarkus View Post
    Awesome, thanks for all the work!

I would love to see the Purple Planet boxed set hit the store but, having done The Chained Coffin (Shudder Mountains) myself, I know how much work that is.
    I thought about doing the box sets at one point. The campaign settings can be relatively easy to convert, but it is time-consuming. Lately, I have been picking from a list of modules that Goodman Games wants converted, but they have always approved other requests in the past. I might consider another classic… The Sea Queen Escapes, Intrigue at the Court of Chaos, and Bride of the Black Manse are all solid options from Michael Curtis and Harley Stroh. Purple Planet would keep me busy for awhile, but it’s a popular DCC setting so maybe I’ll take a closer look at that one first.

Blog Entries
    When the random stamps of Inkarnate give you... Indy?

drjones.jpg

Blog Entries
    Blades Against Death should hit the FG store very soon! I am putting the finishing touches on the other level 4 adventure I have been working on. Here's one more map to give you a taste of what's coming down the road. I will be moving on to a level 5 adventure next...

wizard tower.jpg

Blog Entries
    Got a little behind with work, but this morning, I submitted Emirikol Was Framed! for review. The review process usually takes about a month, give or take, before it hits the store. A couple more screenshots to hopefully pique your interest (FYI, the Kaj were apparently inspired by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar!)...

screenshot 001.jpgscreenshot 005.jpg

i love Inkarnate, once i got the hang of it i have found it way better than dungeondraftsample.jpg
    Last edited by hawkwind; October 1st, 2022 at 15:31.

Blog Entries
    Nice map! I’m still figuring out how to scale things so I’m not needing to resize objects to 30-40%, but I’m getting better. I have a couple cave maps in my next project. I find the natural environments to be a little trickier. One cool trick I learned recently is flattening objects to the background so you can paint over them. It works well for things like water running over a cliff edge.

the youtube tutorials have been a great help particularly with making dungeons. I did all the maps for Dungeon Crawl Classic #7 for a 5e game in a couple of hours , it took longer to do the lighting and LOS in FG. The commercial licence is way better than dungeon draft as well

https://inkarnate.com/m/gm7RgM-dunge...he-manor-dcc7/ this is a rough map for a home quickly knocked up
    Last edited by hawkwind; October 2nd, 2022 at 08:41.

Thread Information