FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: 5e Spell Lists

5e Spell Lists

I've been trying to wrap my head around the design of the spell lists in the 5e ruleset. Why are all the spells and their descriptions just appended in one long continuous wall of traits at the bottom of the sheet?

Its so bad that I end up going into the Other tab to pull links to the spells and just delete all the spells from the main tab. The way it is now, is just completely unusable while actually gaming.

Is it possible as a feature request to add a spell list similar to the PF1e ruleset, where you can just drag and drop the spells as links? And have the parser just create the links to the spells instead of importing their descriptions? Perhaps on a....spell tab?

I'm assuming you are talking about NPCs?

Recent changes mean that spell are no longer appended to the sheet unless you want then to.

Feature requests go in the idea informer. Link in my signature.

I don't see any problem with the spells listed along with their descriptions personally. I don't see why that makes them unuseable.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

And, as with everything else in this software, you have to apparently be willing to do research to do the simplest of things, like a feature request.

How silly I didn't think of going to a completely different website.

Quote Originally Posted by raif11152 View Post
    And, as with everything else in this software, you have to apparently be willing to do research to do the simplest of things, like a feature request.

I tried to find a place to report a bug for an official Foundry written module and was told on their discord to create a github account and then report it there in the specific project. I think you will find that to be kind of normal with small internet companies. It is just easier to use existing resources than do your own. Forums are a horrible place to do feature requests because the forums get littered with the same requests over and over while generally being missed by devs that don't have the time to read every thread because they're busy coding.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by raif11152 View Post

Of course the developers could take time away from developing FG and instead develop a function in this website like Idea Informer. But then how much would that take away from the development of FG? Reinventing the wheel is often not a good use of developer time.

But these types of issues are where a helpful, active and mutually respective community comes in; we get to help each other out so people don't need to spend excessive time researching the simplest of things unless that want to.
    Last edited by LordEntrails; August 30th, 2022 at 04:11.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information