DICE PACKS BUNDLE

LFP Fri Night 8PM EDT USA AD&D 2E: Take Your Best Shot

FG License: DM has Unity Ultimate - players can use Unity Demo
    Game System: AD&D 2E. For players who don't have the original Player's Handbook, I recommend downloading a free copy of For Gold and Glory, the faithful 2e clone.

Time Zone: Eastern Time USA
    Day of week and time: Fridays, starting at 8pm
    Planned start date: Ongoing
    Planned Duration & Frequency: 2-4 Hour Sessions, Weekly/Bi-weekly/As Desired
    Term: Variable - planned as an open-ended series of one-off adventures, see more details below

Text or Voice: Voice
    Voice software used: Discord (invite: https://discord.gg/ftad8cv8kv)
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: Probably close to 50/50, more details below
    Number of Players in game & needed: Variable - see below
    Character starting level & equipment: Variable - see below
    Character restrictions: For the most part PHB, some of the Complete Handbooks, minimal use of kits. If you want to play a specialty priest I have the Complete Book of Priests and Faiths and Avatars, so we can discuss the particulars.

About me: 30+ years experience DMing, but relatively inexperienced DMing with FG.

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=6447

Details of your scenario: My current group is looking for additional steady players. We're experimenting with the idea of using one-off adventures ("short-shots"?) as a recruitment tool. We will try people out with some of our other players without affecting the regular campaign and it's storyline, and add them into the game after the new player has experienced our style of play, and our existing players are confident we've found a good match. In the meantime, we're giving the community members who might not otherwise play AD&D 2E a chance to try this version out, and/or give players who aren't sure they can make a commitment to a regular campaign a chance to play.

Each Friday night at this time there may be a game playing and a seat open. I call it a "short-shot" because it may take more than one session, but there's no real expectation that the same characters will be used from one adventure to the next - it depends on what adventure our DMs have available to play. Some of this content will be uniquely homebrew, but some may be purchased commercial content, so players interested in RP are strongly encouraged since you may need to feign ignorance about the plot. Also, there is no guarantee we'll get around to combat if the story doesn't take us there. PM for questions.
    Last edited by opusaug; September 10th, 2022 at 04:15.

Hello

I'm interested in joining your Friday night campaign. I'm usually available during your timeframe as I work shift work, so there will be times that I won't be available to play on a particular Friday. Would that be an issue?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RESmeCUE View Post
    I'm interested in joining your Friday night campaign. I'm usually available during your timeframe as I work shift work, so there will be times that I won't be available to play on a particular Friday. Would that be an issue?
    Not at all, everyone is welcome to try us out with these "short-shots", for as much or as little as you're available. Understand however that membership in the regular long-term campaign is by invitation - not everyone who attends these sessions will be a good fit for the full group.

I understand how personalities can work well or conflict so completely comfortable waiting for an invite to the long term if i'm a fit.

What would you need from me for the next adventure?

Still looking for players. To reiterate, this table is open for those who:

• Can't commit to a long-term campaign, or
    • Want to try AD&D 2E, or
    • Want some action while looking for a new 2E campaign

Next session scheduled for 9/9/2022.

Next session tonight, 8pm EDT (US). Table will be open early at 7pm for rolling characters if you want to join us.

Quote Originally Posted by opusaug View Post
    Next session tonight, 8pm EDT (US). Table will be open early at 7pm for rolling characters if you want to join us.
    Good session tonight, a little beat up but we all lived and made it back to town. Looking forward to the next session

Another successful sortie, but we lost a player. New players always welcome.

Thread Information