FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by anathemort View Post
    Hi, can you tell me what ruleset you're using?
    Thanks, I'm using Pathfinder 2nd edition. Trying to nail down what might be causing it since it only happens sometimes, but I'm don;t really know what I'm doing

Quote Originally Posted by Arimil508 View Post
    The command you gave worked it brought up the menu but none of the drop downs had anything inside them. As for the console it does pop up but there is no error displayed on it just a list of loaded extensions. my ruleset is Pathfinder first edition.
    AA uses the spell "source" to determine the level of a spell by separating the class and level information in the source string. My best guess is that you might have a spell without a level and so the table lookup fails. Can you open the Spells window and look at your sources, and see if any do not end in a number separated by a space? They should all look roughly like this:
    spell sources.png

Quote Originally Posted by CassMerry View Post
    Thanks, I'm using Pathfinder 2nd edition. Trying to nail down what might be causing it since it only happens sometimes, but I'm don;t really know what I'm doing
    I can't reproduce this either, but I've added an additional safeguard around the probable cause of this error, which should allow you to continue to use the tool but will more gracefully handle an issue with figuring out spell slot allotments. I'll include this in the next update and if you narrow down a configuration that causes the error I can refine the fix

Quote Originally Posted by Arimil508 View Post
    The command you gave worked it brought up the menu but none of the drop downs had anything inside them. As for the console it does pop up but there is no error displayed on it just a list of loaded extensions. my ruleset is Pathfinder first edition.
    In investigating this, I've loaded more PF spell modules and I see that the existing logic I have doesn't really cover spells from multiple sources and levels, so I'll need to revise that. Even if we got it working now it might not meet your expectations in the present state!

Quote Originally Posted by anathemort View Post
    AA uses the spell "source" to determine the level of a spell by separating the class and level information in the source string. My best guess is that you might have a spell without a level and so the table lookup fails. Can you open the Spells window and look at your sources, and see if any do not end in a number separated by a space? They should all look roughly like this:
    spell sources.png
    I can see two things that might be the issue.
    First I have spells form the base FG books and i use the https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/415/view which means i sometimes have two level source for the same spells one starting with a Capital, the other lowercase. The second thing is that there is one source that has text after the number. this source has a spell from the inner sea guide.
    on top of this idk why the button for the extension is not showing up where it is meant to.

There is also the pf2e DnD (drag and drop) stuff for classes and feats by shaderaven. all those are level-less
    Steve Jobs "Good artists copy, great artists steal."

Strange error. PF1e (Its long, sorry)

I am the extension tester for My DM, He has the Ultimate license with all the purchased Books for 2e, 5e, PF1e we have gotten over the years, plus around 50 Forge extensions (2 not on forge) and 12 PFRPG Forge accessory books. I am able to log into his computer from mine and control his copy of FGU for testing.

I have a Standard license and the exact same Forge items and 2 non forge extensions and all 12 Forge accessories, but no SW store bought items. So I can test all extensions on a clean test campaign on my computer so it takes MUCH less time to reload to test conflicts.

With all extensions & accessories loaded on the DM computer in his campaign, AA Errors and does not work: AA error all ext DM.PNG
    With all extensions & accessories loaded on My computer in test campaign, It works perfect: AA No error all ext Test.PNG

So I load AA on the DM computer in his campaign by itself, Error: AA error No ext DM.PNG
    Erase and redownload AA, no change (error). produced an error log, removed campaign PW. Available if you want it.

Backed up entire FGU folder... Erased all contents of extension, Module, Ruleset & Vault... Reload FGU and do an update (Wait forever)...

Realized while writing this and waiting for the update, I should have opened a new PF1e campaign on the DM computer with only AA and tested... will do that if the update does not work...

Update done, loading up campaign with all extensions... no luck...(created another log) Loading the DMs testing campaign with ALL extensions.... It works...

OK now I am stuck.
    something in the Campaign is causing the error?

any ideas?
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Hey Morenu, this sounds similar to other PF/3.5 issues I've got, where the level parsing of the spells is not very intelligent or fail-safe. Is it possible your DM has some spell sources that you do not share?

Maybe. I think we may have put some effects in as spells so players could pull them onto character sheets (feat effects or special powers). And I guarantee he has store bought books I do not have on my computer
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

Should i load all the modules up in the test library, reload and see if the error occurs?

Thread Information