STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Fantasy Grounds Theater of the Mind Prototype

Now this is another interesting thing that was just posted!

<snip>

I am keen to learn more. I hope you also have plans for dynamic maps to play video maps or animated maps... tons of good content in that avenue that I simply can't use with FG. Gives me Eye of Beholder vibe from the 80-90s.
    Last edited by ddavison; August 19th, 2022 at 19:17.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Blog Entries
    Hey Valyar,

Sorry, that one was not meant for public release. This is the one that we are sharing publicly.
    https://youtu.be/7bDE76MMZ7o

WOW - looks very good.

Really Cool feature.

I can imagine using this enhance roleplaying encounters as well. The PCs in a tavern discussing the plans for this evening, or interacting with the leader of the town militia.
    And along those lines, I think chat bubbles to show who is speaking would be pretty great as well.

Doug's sneak peaks are great, Thank you.

Really makes me think of classic PC games in the early days of 3D
    Does it/will it track height of a token? For flying creatures? As a very visually focused DM i'm intrigued at the possibilities.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SashaJace View Post
    Really makes me think of classic PC games in the early days of 3D
    Does it/will it track height of a token? For flying creatures? As a very visually focused DM i'm intrigued at the possibilities.
    We discussed this a bit. We would need to build height tracking into the base map features as well. It's possible, but maybe not a feature at launch.

This is really good to see, thank you for sharing. Nice to see tools for TotM being considered, too much importance is placed on battle map eye candy rather than story telling. Image tools as they standard are pretty good on the whole and there isn’t much more required other than a text layer. If we can use all the existing tools but choose whether we want a top down or TotM mind view I’d be very happy.

Release date when?
    Neuronblaster GM on warhorn.net

On a universal scale, SoonTM

No release date given and I wouldn't expect it anytime sooner than 6 to 12 months from now.

Thread Information