DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Questions Regarding Unity and Ultimate

So I have been eyeing fantasy grounds for a while and I have been debating on getting into it. The main draw that I had to it was for DMing. Well this brings me to the core of what I am posting about

Basically I have been looking at buying a Ultimate version for Fantasy Grounds, however, I see there is a new version out that is called Unity.

Main thing I am wondering is, do I have to buy Ultimate to still share content with free users?
    Is there a form of Unity that is considered Ultimate for the purpose of sharing with free users?\
    As I understand it I would have to buy Ultimate and then Unity.
    Thank you for taking the time to read this

Blog Entries
    Unity has been out for several years now, Classic is no longer updated or available for sale. (I believe tech support is still provided though.) Just buy Unity, either a Standard or Ultimate license, and you can go with either a one-time purchase license or a subscription license.

Ultimate vs Standard license are not about sharing content, but rather hosting.
    A GM with a Ultimate license can host Ult, Standard, or Free players.
    A GM with a Standard license an host Ult or Standard players (no free players).

Any GM can share any content they own with any players connected to their running campaign (i.e. FG has to be up and running on the GMs computer.)
    Players can use their own content with GM approval, but can not share it with anyone.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazakoo View Post
    So I have been eyeing fantasy grounds for a while and I have been debating on getting into it. The main draw that I had to it was for DMing. Well this brings me to the core of what I am posting about

Basically I have been looking at buying a Ultimate version for Fantasy Grounds, however, I see there is a new version out that is called Unity.

Main thing I am wondering is, do I have to buy Ultimate to still share content with free users?
    Is there a form of Unity that is considered Ultimate for the purpose of sharing with free users?\
    As I understand it I would have to buy Ultimate and then Unity.
    Thank you for taking the time to read this
    Hi Nazakoo,
    For sharing with free users (i.e. those with a demo license), Unity does have an ultimate version called Fantasy Grounds Unity (FGU) Ultimate license that is currently on a discounted sale for the next few days. Check out the FGU store.

If all of your players each have a standard FGU licence, then you could get by with just a standard FGU license for yourself.

However, I'm not sure what you mean by the idea of buying an ultimate license and then buying a Unity one. If you already have a standard license for Fantasy Grounds Classic and you wish to upgrade it to one of the Unity licenses, I would recommend contacting FG Customer Support for help.

Hope that helps!

OP just to be clear, there is only one purchase you need to make - the FGU Ultimate license. This is the most up to date license that allows free users to connect to the host. This version of Fantasy Grounds uses the Unity game engine - but Unity is not anything you need to worry about when using Fantasy Grounds.

Thread Information