DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: RMC in Unity?

Hi Dakadin

Many thanks for the effort and gift it made! If nothing else, I'm learning by doing, as we go along.
    It is a bit unclear to me if, or how, I can use that solution, though.

My initial interpretation of your gift was to take the .ext apart. Upon looking at the contents, that did not appear immediately useful (since the xml file does not appear to work on its own, and the edited scipts are scripts I myself have already edited). So I then took the .ext as is and put it into the extensions folder.
    That made it work, but not in a very useful manner to me, I'm affraid.
    The extension is now available to the official RolemasterClassic.pak from FG, but I've abandoned use of that .pak days ago, as there are several unofficial pieces of editing I need to use, to make FG anywhere near as useful as it could be to me, during play. Changing the Difficulty buttons is really just the tip of the iceberg, and (as you know) it is not in the very serious end of changes. (since I might just use the modifiers in 9 of the quickslots, if push comes to shove. I'd simply prefer a more elegant solution, leaving the quickslots free for other uses).
    I therefore use an open-directory ruleset, which is the only way to make all my changes work, and they do. For example, I'm very happy with my overhaul of the rules_stats script, providing me with other Stats, other Statbonusses, etc. (- which is, as I'm sure you can see, much more crucial changes to a ruleset and a gameplay than the elegancy-detail of whether or not the Difficulty-buttons work or not).
    Unfortunately, for some reason your Resonance-extension (going by the more specific and memorable foldername of DakadinsHARPModifierButtonResonance, just so you know! :-D ) is unavailable for my open-directory ruleset. Which is a bit weird, since the More5e - extension is readily available to this open-directory ruleset of mine.

So I'm back to the interpretation of, perhaps, making use of the moves you've made by taking your extension to pieces and reordering it in some fashion, but I'm unsure how to make it work, then. (in part, I guesss, because I haven't really reached the point where I understand extensions, yet.)

Or simply asking you, if you can somehow make your HARPModifierButton-extension available to my open-directory ruleset, as the More5e extension is?
    Again, many thanks for looking into this at all, regardless of whether we can find a working solution for the Difficulty buttons or not.
    I know I'm not an easy customer, with my semi-unique gaming ruleset and all.
    Last edited by Resonance; August 19th, 2022 at 22:37.

Open the extension.xml file in the extension and make sure the <ruleset> section includes whatever you've called you 'open-directory' ruleset, or change it to 'any' instead of 'RolemasterClassic' (although that comes with risks if another ruleset tries to load it).

Ok, thanks for the tip.
    Any suggestions for an xml-editor to use?

Notepad++

Quote Originally Posted by Sulimo View Post
    Notepad++
    Ok.

I have now made the changes that might make this little bird fly, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to convert the resulting bundle of scripts and an XML into a extension file.
    I would expect 7zip to be up for the job, since 7zip is the programme people are using for opening the little ****ers, but 7zip has no apparent way to do so.

Any suggestions?

I don't bother with 7zip or any 3rd party stuff. I've only ever used the built in stuff. Some of the 3rd Party stuff does not zip properly that FG can understand it, for 7zip, I think you have to change the options to have it zip correctly, but I don't use it, so I cannot say for sure.

Just use the built in Windows Zip function select all files>Right-Click>Send to Compressed folder.

Change the file extension from .zip to .ext, and you should be good.

Last edited by Sulimo; August 20th, 2022 at 00:23.

I used 7zip to zip up the extension that I provide. Basically go to the folder with the extension and select everything so it would be the extension.xml file and the scripts folder. Then right click on the extension.xml file and choose 7zip -> Add to <foldername>.zip. This will create a zip file in the extension folder. Rename it so it has a .ext extension and then move it to the root of the FG extensions folder.

Also feel free to change the extension.xml file so it called whatever you want.

How does one change a win-zip file into an ext file?

Just rename it from filename.zip to filename.ext

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    Just rename it from filename.zip to filename.ext
    renaming the file doesn't change the file-type, nor does it make it accessible as an extension (because it still isn't an ext-file, just because it is now named something.ext)

Thread Information