5E Character Create Playlist

5e Unable to change Subclass/Specilization

I have a player that's looking to change their specilization/subclass. They currently have a Ranger Beastmaster and want to change to the Gloom Stalker. Previously you could just drag/drop the specilization into the abilities tab and it would automatically add the specialization into the list there. This does not appear to work now, I do notice that the class screen lists a specilization, but most of the characters in my campaign have that section blank. I created a new version of the character to get the new subclass attached properly, but if they choose to change in the future or another one of players want to change a subclass it seems unwieldy to have to create a new version of the character just to change the subclass/specilization. Is there something that I've missed or is it not possible to change the specilization anymore? (I know it was possible in the past as I had done so with my own character in a different campaign)

Changing specializations on the fly wasn't really something we were looking at when redesigning that portion, just making it easier to create and use class specializations.

In the next update, I'm going to add the ability to drag and drop a class specialization link onto the class entry in the PC - Classes window to update the specialization name and link. However, it will not update the powers; those will have to be swapped directly via delete and drag and drop like you would have had to do before.

Regards,
    JPG

The power update is pretty much what I expected, but happy to hear I didn't miss something. Thanks for the update/info Moon

Works fine as explained after the update. Thanks again Moon!

Thread Information