FG Spreadshirt Swag

Showing math on rolls

My group hasn't played in almost a year and we are starting back up. There's a couple new people starting so I was adding some custom effects in that they would need. Normaly to make sure my syntax is right I will add the effect and then make some rolls to see if it has the proper bonuses in. It appears that in the chat log for attacks it now doesn't show the bonuses so I have to keep rolling to get to the exact number that their new AC is at to determine if the AC bonus effect is working (which it isn't and that's a whole other issue). So long story for a short question. How do I get the chat to show all the math behind an attack so I can determine if bonuses are adding up correctly?

OK I've realized that the math wasn't showing because the effect wasn't right. So....now I need help with the effect. It is a monk using mountain stance. I have the below:

AC: 4[-DEX],item

If I take the [-DEX] out then it works, but mountain stance removes the dex mod. Looking at the wiki the above should work but it appears nothing with a bracketed modifier from an ability bonus seems to be working the way that it should.

I'll probably automate mountain stance as an "item", and switch equipped item once the stance is set since it does look that way RAI. You'll have to wait for R19 for the +2 circumstance bonus to any defenses against being Shoved or Tripped.
    Daniel Salles de Araújo (@dsaraujo)
    Developer of PFRPG2 GM Enhancements - Improve your Pathfinder 2E game!
    Check out the Pathfinder Deck of Endless NPCs!

Make sure you are applying the effect from the characters action tab.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by NightDragon View Post
    OK I've realized that the math wasn't showing because the effect wasn't right. So....now I need help with the effect. It is a monk using mountain stance. I have the below:

AC: 4[-DEX],item

If I take the [-DEX] out then it works, but mountain stance removes the dex mod. Looking at the wiki the above should work but it appears nothing with a bracketed modifier from an ability bonus seems to be working the way that it should.
    As mentioned by Zacchaeus, the effect needs to be applied from the PC action tab - this is for any effect that has special tags, see this section of the PF2 Effects Wiki: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...racker-effects

When the effect is applied from the PC actions tab, the tags will be replaced with numbers - if you're seeing [-DEX] in the combat tracker then that's not working correctly.

Also, refer to the Notes for +-X [other tag] - "Note the space between X and the [ character. Add (+) or subtract (-) the value X from the tag bonus. For example: 2 [LVL] = level + 2. This is similar to [other tag]+-X"

So, try AC: 4 [-DEX],item with a space between 4 and [
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Also, you may find it a little easier to use the character effects in the combat tab of the PC for this. You can enabled/disable the effect as needed - see the next section down in the Wiki effect page: "PC Specific Notes - Character effects"
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information