5E Character Create Playlist

Table import vs copy and paste vs xml

Hi, i'm trying to create a table with some custom items and descriptions.
    I first imported text into a table that has:
    Gem description, value.
    I then added an item into the items database that has:
    Gem - 100gp weight etc..
    I then added a column with the linked gem item.

The issue I have is the parcel generator. I'd like the output to be a single item that has the linked gem with the description. Right now it generates 3 items, the description, value, and item.

The only way I've seen to do this is to manually cut and paste on each line in the table from the description field overtop the name of the linked item. I then would obviously delete the other two columns.

My question(s) are:
    1. Can I use the text importer to also have the linked item?
    -- I could then in say excel, put the linked item in with the appropriate descriptor.
    2. If I can't do 1 is there away to cut and paste a column of text overtop of the linked item column of text?
    -- Right now it looks like I have to do this line by line.
    3. Being that number 2 would be painful would folks recommend doing it via editing the xml?

Thanks.

Edit: looks like the table when parsing out loses the item name change and just inserts the base item from the item table. So for as often as I have to generate this looks like it's a manual edit in the parsed items table. Will still leave the question up for other tables I may want to try this.

Capture.JPG
    Last edited by celebrindal; August 13th, 2022 at 15:38. Reason: additional info

Thread Information