STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerun View Post
    ...If you are using any extensions, those too might need to be updated and such. For the most part, 90% should be good to go. Best of luck with your transition!

Laerun
    This use to be true....but the last 6 months has been rough on extensions...If it's over 6 months old...I would bet if it hasn't been updated...it won't work without throwing lots of errors.

-Rick Peterson

The 6 months old refers to modules from the DM's Guild , not extensions. But, alas, you are right.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

What about having the data folder on dropbox WHILE you are playing. Is that safe?

You can run into issues with active synching software while running the client which is modifying the files during the session (auto save). It’s best to manually or scheduled synch to avoid any conflicts.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Plaindog View Post
    What about having the data folder on dropbox WHILE you are playing. Is that safe?
    No.
    There have been multiple reports of people having their campaign data corrupted doing this (as well as with other cloud solutions).

You need to make sure that your FG data folder is not synced or accessed by any other programs while FG is running.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

What about using github? I am backing up mine there as well as a zip archive.
    Just remember to not be running FGU while doing backup operations.

Thread Information