Starfinder Playlist

Only one player and one DM have connection issues

Here's what may be a weird situation:

I run a 5e FGU campaign with 5 players. One player, Boudro, constantly gets disconnected from my game. The other players never do.

Conversely, Boudro runs a game that I play in with 4 other players and when I am playing in his game, I get constantly disconnected from the game and none of the other players do.

So, there seems to be an issue solely between me and this other person's FGU. Boudro even disabled all extensions and we deactivated all modules, and it still happens.

Anyone have any ideas what might cause this weird person-to-person incompatibility?

Regards,

Devin

That's an odd one. It's usually one or the other has problems in a more general sense.

There's a network troubleshooting article with ideas to check on both sides:
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...roubleshooting

Extensions and modules are not going to have any impact, as it is something on the network between your two machines that is closing the connection.

A few years ago, I remember that Comcast/Cox used to provide an "Advanced" security option that you could only control through the web/mobile app where you add to whitelist IP addresses connecting to you from external sources; which would automatically non-whitelisted connections after a few minutes. It might be worth looking at the ISP options for any "security" settings as well as checking out the troubleshooting article.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks. I just recently moved and am now on Comcast/Xfinity, so maybe that Advance security option is the culprit. Will take a look at it and report back.

Regards,

Devin

It seems to have worked! I disabled Advanced Security and in our last session the player was not kicked off even once.

Still strange that it only happened to one player ever, but glad it is fixed. thanks for the help.

Regards,

Devin

Thanks for letting us know, in case it comes up for anyone else.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information