FG Spreadshirt Swag

Players can't stay connected to FGU

I've got two players who live together and join my games from the same Wi-Fi network. We've played at least a dozen sessions together with no problems. This week, I started a new campaign and they ran into an issue where only one of them could be connected to FGU at a time. The player who was online would get kicked out of the game when the other player would try to log in. Eventually, one of them tried an old laptop and they were both able to stay connected for the rest of the session. My other players in other locations weren't affected.

I haven't been able to get the logs yet from that computer, but is there some kind of IP address conflict going on? FGU almost seems to be treating it like they're the same user and prioritizing the most recent login, even though the usernames are different. All I see in my console log is one user connecting and the other disconnecting back and forth. The players say there have been no recent changes to their internet service or new security software installed.

Their backup laptop is ancient and can barely run FGU, so we'd love to get it working on the newer one. Any suggestions?

I doubt it is an IP address conflict; as the computers would not be able to connect to the Internet at the same time at all.

However, it seems that something either on the machine or network router is closing the connection in the middle At least, that's what is happening in about 95+% of the cases we have seen where connectivity stops. Unfortunately, the application doesn't get any information on why the connection was closed in the middle in those cases; and it's usually tied to a setting on the security software of the machine or the network router settings.

There's a troubleshooting guide on the wiki for typical things to look at.
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...roubleshooting

Was the laptop going through the exact same network (wired/wireless) as the original machine?
    Also, throttling/QoS could be involved; as well as ad/image blockers, parental filters, etc. These topics are mentioned in the troubleshooting article.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks for the response and the troubleshooting link, JPG. Yes, all three laptops were connected to the same wireless network. I'll do some more troubleshooting with them and see if we can narrow down the issue.

Thread Information