STAR TREK 2d20

Disable extension auto-update without removing extension?

Hello! Is it possible to disable the auto-updating of an extension without the FGU updater removing the extension from the extensions folder?
    The only way I can see to disable auto-updating of an extension is to disable the extension on the forge page inventory. But when you disable an extension in the inventory, it also deletes the extension from your extensions folder when the FG updater is run.

Is there any way to disable the auto-updating of an extension without disabling the extension entirely, or a way to prevent the FG updater from removing a disabled extension from the extensions folder?
    Last edited by GEONE; August 12th, 2022 at 18:51.

No, there is no way to do this. You would have to rename the extension to a different file name to keep it from being removed after unsubscribing and updating again. If you do this, I also recommend changing the internal name in the extension.xml file to indicate that this is a snapshot, and not the live version.

We recommend against doing this, because this is exactly one of the reasons why the Forge exists, in order to allow community developers to keep their creations updated and working with the latest code released in the included/store rulesets.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by GEONE View Post
    Hello! Is it possible to disable the auto-updating of an extension without the FGU updater removing the extension from the extensions folder?
    The only way I can see to disable auto-updating of an extension is to disable the extension on the forge page inventory. But when you disable an extension in the inventory, it also deletes the extension from your extensions folder when the FG updater is run.

Is there any way to disable the auto-updating of an extension without disabling the extension entirely, or a way to prevent the FG updater from removing a disabled extension from the extensions folder?
    You would also want to make a copy of the correct vault file to make sure they are not updated.

What I would do is copy the correct vault/data files of the exts you don't want to update, then run the updater, then move the vault/data files back.

You can check the vault files with the UUID numbers on the FORGE.

I don't know why we can't have a system of updating exts/mods and updating FGU itself as 2 different updaters as an option as there are good reasons to not want to update your EXTs/MODs each FGU update.
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Really click this link and vote for your FGU wishes, more votes is more likely to get done and get what you want done.
    http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Vote For Idea to Default Modules to GM Only
    Vote For Idea to Give GM More Hotkey Options
    Vote For Idea to Disable Dice Animations

Blog Entries
    I believe the current single update approach is an attempt to limit the amount of support that is needed due to people having errors due to out of date extensions. Correct that the single update approach does not completely resolve this, but I suspect SW has numbers indicating it helps. It certainly seems to have reduced the number of reports we see in the forums (though they still remain high).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information