Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Try the file attached - you may need to change the server type from LAN to Cloud if you use the cloud broker for connections.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Meckerdrache81 View Post
    I'm using the PF2e Ruleset. Yes, i did that.
    Campaign.xml from my old campaign is attached.

Edit: Sorry, i tried it again and can now load my old campaign. The Error Message from Post 1 is gone, but now i have this one and no data like notes or characters when launching: See screenshot.
    1) Make a backup of that campaigns directory - just to maintain data for possible future data recovery.
    2) Delete the file that is mentioned in the error message and reload your campaign. You'll need to re-enable any extensions you were using.
    3) You may have further errors - maybe with modulestate.xml, if there are errors reported for that file, delete it and reload FG - you'll need to re-activate modules.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yeah that's a basically empty file with a bunch of (likely 175) NULL characters. The original error message says you have a file with a bad character in the first position probably the NULL one. You need to go back and look at your back ups for a file that is > 175 bytes. This a general problem with auto saves. There was some sort of corruption in the campaign file such that when the campaign file was read in, the reading of the file failed - and nothing was actually able to be read in. The next autosave, or exiting the campaign then wrote back the file with all the nulls over the corrupt file.

FG deals with this possibility with keeping multiple backups. So you should still have one that predates the corruption.
    Last edited by Griogre; August 12th, 2022 at 16:29.

Blog Entries
    Is your FG Data folder on a cloud shared drive? Is it on a network share and accessed by more tan one computer?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

No, no shared drive.

Thanks guys, i think i got it now. I replaced the old campaign.xml with the one of the new campaign and then renamed an older (larger) save to db.xml. No error so far. I didnt check everything now but it seems we can now play tonight.

Thread Information